• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antivirus software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, nobody launching at me like a rabid Cujo? You disappoint me, CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      What, nobody launching at me like a rabid Cujo? You disappoint me, CUK.
      Surely being completely ignored is even worse?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not directly related but I have a question, everyone saying that it's not wholly and exclusively for business use... Are you saying that you have two sets of everything, one for business and one for home use? Two printers?/two packs of paper, separate pens..

Are you honestly saying that you do nothing home.related on your "work laptop"

I've got a work laptop paid for by myco... I use it for browsing the web in the evening, personal email etc..
        My co bought my printer but I'm certinally not buying another to.print one letter a month for personal use.

My co bought my desk and chair... But I keep my own crap in the drawers.

If I was a permie with a work laptop Is use it for personal use in the evenings if the employer allowed it... Don't see the issue.

With regards to licencing AV that's a different matter.
        I'd buy a cheaper home package for the home PC from own funds and get MYco to buy the one for the work PC.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Pay for AV? Nope. Avast free.
          Could be wrong but I thought it was against the terms to use the free version on a work computer....
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Surely being completely ignored is even worse?
            Oh no, he is right!!!

Troll's worst nightmare.

Comment

3 pages of debate? when the answer is clearly YES put it thru the books.

Comment

Working...
              X