• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen - new bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen - new bank account

i'm closing down my old company and have opened a new one and obviously need to open up a new bank account - currently with cater allen and am happy with them so will open up my new account with them , i know if i say i've come through contractoruk the fee if you drop below £5k is waivered , but not sure which form i need to use - i had thought there was a link from this website but couldn't find it.
    any help greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by alih View Post
    i'm closing down my old company and have opened a new one and obviously need to open up a new bank account - currently with cater allen and am happy with them so will open up my new account with them , i know if i say i've come through contractoruk the fee if you drop below £5k is waivered , but not sure which form i need to use - i had thought there was a link from this website but couldn't find it.
    any help greatly appreciated.
    As a matter of interest why have you closed down the old company?

Comment

my accountant advises me to close my company every 7 or 8 years as it helps with ir35 - also i was out of work for a while this year and it will save on tax by closing the company.

Comment

From previous threads on here, Cater Allen are not offering new accounts any more or I believe not using introducers to get new business - hence probably why you cant find the information any more on CUK. I think that bird has flown and would look elsewhere or contact them directly....

Comment

my accountant advises me to close my company every 7 or 8 years as it helps with ir35
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

my accountant advises me to close my company every 7 or 8 years as it helps with ir35 - also i was out of work for a while this year and it will save on tax by closing the company.
            Oh dear.....

Comment

Get a new accountant. Seriously. The Transactions in Securities legislation specifically disallows you from gaining a tax advantage through capital distribution of the cash reserves in your company when you are intending to carry on the trade.

Comment

Time you took a bit more responsibility of your finances and actually tried to understand your situation enough to know when your being led in to trouble.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Time you took a bit more responsibility of your finances and actually tried to understand your situation enough to know when your being led in to trouble.
                  do you just have a coin with "what does your accountant say" on one side and "be responsible and don't let your accountant lead you into trouble" on the other?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                    do you just have a coin with "what does your accountant say" on one side and "be responsible and don't let your accountant lead you into trouble" on the other?
                    Don't be ridiculous, the NLUK bot has a comment for every possible contracting situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X