• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Draw salary from my limited company when out of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    not everyone is a stuck-up c##t either
    If arguing 1500 quid over 5 months with someone like PC makes me that then can you print me a couple of t-shirts and some business cards with it on please....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      not everyone is as rich as you

(self edited for professional forums )
      Well, you can ask PC about his personal finances, I remember that he had a family holiday in Florida around that time.

Not about being rich, depends how you want to live your life and what you prioritise spending your money on.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Well, you can ask PC about his personal finances, I remember that he had a family holiday in Florida around that time.

Not about being rich, depends how you want to live your life and what you prioritise spending your money on.
        Indeed. But there is a longer history to this that pr1 is aware of.

Comment

Surely, if you can, paying a net salary of £857.68 for 5 months = £4288.40 whilst you're looking for your next contract\having a rest ;-) is better than the JSA thing?? no?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Yeah but you are the only one that things £1583 is actually worth anything. By not paying his salary and divis for 5 months it's highly likely he won't be able to meet his monthly bills and maintain his lifestyle. 1500 quid isn't going to keep his cleaner going let alone his life style. Arguing claiming JSA is legal is fine. Sprouting on that £1500 over 5 months is a good thing.... have some self respect man. Not everyone is a penniless contractor.
            £1500 is £1500. No more no less. Its two months mortgage for me. If it pays the mortgage for two more months when Im on the bench or makes my warchest last just that little bit longer then its worth it.

To be fair, its not a huge amount of hassle. Yes filling out the forms is a PITA but after that its 10 mins every two weeks. If you're on the bench its likely you have time for this.

As for not paying salary and divs then yes you can't pay salary (dividends is a grey area). Nothing stopping you paying all divs out BEFORE the end of the gig though.

I will admit it depends on circumstances though. If its better for you to keep money in the company and keep paying salary/divs then fair enough.

Self-respect? Come on man. Are you saying its shameful to claim JSA? Bad attitude.

As I've always said, each to his own. If you don't want to claim it then don't. If you do, its legal and you can.

Also, as I always say, we claim expenses, pay low salary, pay NO NI AT ALL maybe, pay as little tax as we can by splitting with partner etc. You're average permie attitude to this is likely to be "You earn how much but you still pull these tricks to pay less tax - wheres your self-respect". But its legal so we choose to do it or not.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Sometimes, I think he is on a JSA contractor "recruitment drive".
              I should tell you all not to claim it - leaves more for me then!

Comment

If arguing 1500 quid over 5 months with someone like PC makes me that then can you print me a couple of t-shirts and some business cards with it on please....
                However, I think the fact that anyone who does not share the same opinion as you get abuse/called names is what does....

As I've always said, bottom line is its legal/aboveboard. If you want to claim it then do so, if you don't then don't.

Comment

Don't mind arguing with the principal/morals of claiming JSA, that's fair enough

But talking like £1500 is nothing and it's shameful that anyone could ever find a use for £1500 over 5 months is a bit out of touch/daft - would your 18 year old self have turned his nose up at £1500? (especially being from Yorkshire!?)

Comment

Thats right. I did finish a gig a few years and have a holiday booked straight after. When I came back, I did then sign on JSA.

All legal. And holiday had been booked for months anyway so it wasnt like I was deliberately depriving myself of savings to claim JSA anyway.

Yes it does look bad of course it does. But hey ho. Its like saying to someone who loses a permie job, how dare you claim JSA, you bought a new TV for £1000 3 months ago and now you've got the cheek to claim JSA.

Like I always say, take a look around at deprived areas one day. Then you'll see people who dont deserve JSA.

Comment

Talk about going off topic.... LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X