• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How explicit schedule should be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FK1 View Post
    The idea is to follow B2B practice and make two independent contracts. It might be in a form of separate schedules if each of them constitute a new contract. One for their needs analysis and another for work itself.

The first contract (a few days) is like a normal stage for requirements gathering, meetings and then actual contract negotiations. In the very real B2B it is normal to do that for free and definitely with no obligation whatsoever to offer/accept.

It might benefit you as you will commit yourself not so blindly. You might be simply not happy with your certain duties or working conditions.

P.S. But you have to balance between "the proper" thing and "realistic" one. It is your first contract and it might be very important for you. Try to argue politely and negotiate gently.
    At least an employee does not negotiate a contract's terms Good luck!
    Thank you for positive thoughts and details on how this can work in practice this is really something I was looking for.

I very much want and intend to keep it B2B, but also realise that not everything I read will be applicable in real life.

Lets hope I won't mess it up

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      And BTW as I think you have guessed, agents always say "but everybody else is OK with it".
      Which really means "we've fobbed everyone else off, we want an easy life"

Comment

To answer original question, as detailed as possible. If its a struggle, start be codifying the key performance variables, the things mentioned at interview, the things that if you didn't do could lead to termination, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          To answer original question, as detailed as possible. If its a struggle, start be codifying the key performance variables, the things mentioned at interview, the things that if you didn't do could lead to termination, etc.
          Thank you Jessica, that's exactly what I did. This was an excellent advice

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice - all your comments were really useful and helped me to stand my ground.

I spoke to the agency to hear their standard answer that everyone else is fine with it. It was easier to handle them because I knew I was not being unreasonable (thanks for assuring me guys!). And Qdos backed me up - best £ I ever spent!

I prepared a schedule based on IPSE's schedule template, 'job' description, and what I was told at the interview. I included a clause about spending first week gathering client's requirements. Also I said that schedule may be amended if mutually agreed by my LTD and the client after the first week. I also included specific deliverables.

Agency agreed with every detail

It might not be ideal but I definitely feel much better about it now. Happy to have the contract sorted after all

Comment

Working...
            X