• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientA wants to see contract I had with ClientB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't you just get a reference from client B ? That is the usual way of proving history.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I'm already in an engagement with ClientA but there is some background screening being done (thank goodness I didn't have to wait for them to finish it!). I advised what my role title was with ClientB and now they want proof! Daft thing is that this is the second time I've worked for ClientA since I was with ClientB.

Where do I stand legally as I thought my contract with ClientB was a confidential document that I don't have to disclose?
      Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip? Is the job really worth being made to jump when the potential client says so?

Unless you've told a whopper and said you were the Senior Programme manager or similar when you were only a junior, Id tell them what my job title was at previous job was none of their concern.

Are they going to ask what your previous rate was to justify paying what you have stated you want for this role?

J-O-K-E.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        Can't you just get a reference from client B ? That is the usual way of proving history.
        Already given, but I'm already on site anyway. Would love to see them try to push me off site given I've already worked here before and the ClientB contract was before that anyway.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip? Is the job really worth being made to jump when the potential client says so?

Unless you've told a whopper and said you were the Senior Programme manager or similar when you were only a junior, Id tell them what my job title was at previous job was none of their concern.

Are they going to ask what your previous rate was to justify paying what you have stated you want for this role?

J-O-K-E.
        I've already been here two months and been paid on time every time I've invoiced.

I think it's their screening team trying to earn their money.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Really?

Here's my take on it.
          Check with your previous customer if is OK to give a contact name and details to your new customer and explain why.
          If it is, then give it. If is not, then don't give it.

Let them figure out if the process is more important than the results they aim to achieve by using your services.

I've done it before and believe me, when a customer needs you the processes are just processes.

Oh, and don't get a letter saying 'When xyz worked for us' unless you want to be IR35 bound

Cheers

Already given, but I'm already on site anyway. Would love to see them try to push me off site given I've already worked here before and the ClientB contract was before that anyway.

I've already been here two months and been paid on time every time I've invoiced.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Lord above, why do people put up with this tulip?
            +1. The most important comment on this.

Comment

So, because you're on site and have been 'paid on time' (whoopie do!), you dont think you should tell them you're not providing it as its nothing to do with your current role?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X