• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey Tax and VAT inspection - Cracking service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I suspect that come year end, I shall be opting for the latter rather than paying yet again for the cover.

But I have until the end of November to do that, so plenty of time to consider what's the best course of action.
    Then you can give me your MGM code again.

Comment

This thread inspired me to get IPSE+ after being on the fence for a while.

Some lucky bugger got £10 amazon voucher cos I used their code. I dunno who, I just searched the forums and picked the first one I found
      Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Lets hope it isn't the start of anything else coming.
        Sometimes IR35 investigations can start off the back of a VAT investigation, luckily at least he has insurance in place to negate this.
        Abbey Tax told me its perfectly normal to expect a VAT check within 2-3 years of incorporation. They try to do this whenever possible,
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Although it is also fair to say that through your IPSE membership, Abbey will deal with all interested parties when a member is progressing a claim, including the accountant.
          Which is what happened in my case. No problems. NW were happy to provide whatever help or info I needed off them with no charge and Abbey were happy to put it all together/speak to HMRC etc.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X