• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

background checks accenture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

background checks accenture

Hello.

I apologise if this isn't the correct place, this forum has came up on a number of Google searches.

I have an offer for a permanent role with accenture uk. It's conditional on background checks. They ask if I have ever been declared bankrupt. I have, a long time ago.

Does anyone know if this is a show stopper?

Thanks in advance

Am not sure a contractor forum is the best place to ask this for a number of reasons but...

You are going to have to tell them. If you try cover it up it will come back and bite you and almost certainly lead to your instant dismissal. Being declared bankrupt isn't the end of the world, particularly if it was a while ago. They will just have to do a risk assessment and decide whether to keep you or not. It may mean you can't work for certain clients.

You say it was a long time ago so if you are honest about it and explain the situation I am sure it won't be too much of an issue. If it was recent you might be on a wish and a prayer.

Tell them and see what happens.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for that.
      I know it may not be the correct forum, but you lot seem very knowledgeable. The issue is , I have already given notice at my current job. I just wanted to get a feel if I need to get some Job applications in quickish

Comment

You shouldn't stop applying for jobs until you are sat at your new employer on day 1 regardless of the situation. I am sure even in permie world something can go wrong last minute and it falls though although a lot less common than in contracting. Either way, until you are sat down on day 1 you don't have anything so don't stop applying.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X