• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat Rate Scheme % Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Rate Scheme % Change

Morning Everyone,
    During my previous VAT period (the one I have a return pending for), my first 12 month discount of 1% lapsed half way through it.
    So, does anyone know how i fill out my return allowing for the 2 different % values during the period? I've trawled through the HMRC website, how-to's, FAQ's etc etc but can't seem to find any reference to this situation.
    If someone can shed any light on this problem or maybe post a link to the info on HMRC i'll be really grateful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Stu

Originally posted by StuDavies View Post
    Morning Everyone,
    During my previous VAT period (the one I have a return pending for), my first 12 month discount of 1% lapsed half way through it.
    So, does anyone know how i fill out my return allowing for the 2 different % values during the period? I've trawled through the HMRC website, how-to's, FAQ's etc etc but can't seem to find any reference to this situation.
    If someone can shed any light on this problem or maybe post a link to the info on HMRC i'll be really grateful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Stu
    Work out the VAT payable on invoices up to the end date, then work out the VAT payable on invoices after that date and add the two together. Thats your VAT payable for the period.

Otherwise try giving the VAT helpline a call, they are actually helpful. It's the personal taxation mob that are rubbish.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks Dave, sounds simple when you put it like that. Cheers.
      For some reason i assumed i'd have to annotate the different % rate somewhere.
      Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
      X