• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella/Management company in Malta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella/Management company in Malta

I have been working in the Netherlands for the past few years through a Dutch management company but my client wants me to switch to working from home in Malta. Since I'll only be doing about 80 days a year in the Netherlands I think I now need to switch to a management company in Malta. Problem is I can't find one. All the accountants I speak to want me to register my own company. I've done that before and it got messy and I'm not interested in doing it again. Has anyone contracted in Malta through a management company and if so who did they use?

Hi Milzee,

I am in the middle of starting to use White November Umbrella Company. It is based in Malta and have subsidiaries in several countries.

They offer ~70% retention rate ( in my case ) whilst Access Financial (AFS) offers 78% ( so better ) but I am not gonna use AFS.
    I read your comment regarding cooperation with AFS in "Anyone using/used Access Financial Services?" thread.

You prevented me to have the same issue with self-employment.
    Thanks ! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by axel View Post
      Hi Milzee,

I am in the middle of starting to use White November Umbrella Company. It is based in Malta and have subsidiaries in several countries.

They offer ~70% retention rate ( in my case ) whilst Access Financial (AFS) offers 78% ( so better ) but I am not gonna use AFS.
      I read your comment regarding cooperation with AFS in "Anyone using/used Access Financial Services?" thread.

You prevented me to have the same issue with self-employment.
      Thanks ! :-)
      If you live and work in Malta that's fine.

To anyone else in the U.K. thinking of this, avoid. Never work for an off-shore umbrella, HMRC will come knocking very quickly.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Okey, I am gonna use White November and the contract will be in Finland. Should I expect problems when working with WN? Why ?

Comment

cojak, you got right. White November can operate in this countries: Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden.

Comment

cojak are you able to recommend good contractor solution for Finland ?

Comment

Do that and HMRC will help the Finish taxman come after you when you come back permanently to the UK.

Nordic taxmen don't like being screwed over their tax, and unlike the UK their systems are integrated enough to find out where you are.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No, this is a UK contractor site for those contractors working or living in the UK.

You're going to need to find a Finnish ex-pat forum for that kind of thing.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X