• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No-win / No-fee employment lawyer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    What's your issue? You may be able to sort it without a lawyer
    I don't want to post up anything about my case in case the other side get wind of it. I am not using my real login - but one cannot be too careful.

Also, I posted a thread recently about debts when one dies. There was some great feedback - but some really rubbish stuff too.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    WHS.

Also have you checked ALL your insurance policies? A lot of insurance policies e.g. home insurance will have legal cover on them that cover you in situations like this.

I have applied for a random one online. If that does not work out I will look at that.

Will you marry me?

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    We won't know without the details. Maybe he's realised that he's posted a permie employment question on Contractor UK and has asked it again on Permie UK
    This is another reason I did not want to post under my real login. I suppose that to get to the CUK gems one has to wade through alot of nonsense.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why no win/no fee. You think you are not going to win? They will only take on cases they think they will win so it's not really a benefit to you.
    I have no cash! Stoney broke!

Comment

Speak to a no/win no fee lawyer.. if he is willing to take it on then you are going to win it so then go to a proper lawyer who's fees are likely to be lower....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        I'll do it!! I read CUK every day so I'm pretty much up to speed with employment law. If I get stuck I can ask NLUK because he can use the search function --->
        <pedant>NLUK doesn't advocate using the search function, merely to "do a search". The search function is crap, but Google (as recommended by NLUK) does the trick</pedant>
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well it's pretty obvious what main ID you're not using, still we will gloss over that even though you know full well as a long term CUK poster that no bugger on here would admit to knowing an Employment Law type as we're contractors.

No win no fee seems unlikely in a niche field like employment law.

Comment

If you want an employment lawyer that will charge a fee but is very good at what he does I'd recommend Oliver Weiss at Blake Morgan - PM me if you want contact details.
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Well it's pretty obvious what main ID you're not using, still we will gloss over that even though you know full well as a long term CUK poster that no bugger on here would admit to knowing an Employment Law type as we're contractors.

No win no fee seems unlikely in a niche field like employment law.
              There are a few about if you google. There is always some blood sucking leech willing to pray on the naïve and poor out there. Problem I guess is there isn't often much in the way of compensation in employment law which is where these cockroaches normally make their money.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  There are a few about if you google. There is always some blood sucking leech willing to pray on the naïve and poor out there. Problem I guess is there isn't often much in the way of compensation in employment law which is where these cockroaches normally make their money.
                  prey

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    prey
                    Ah yes indeed. Many thanks for that...

Smart alec pedants.. take them all outside and shoot 'em I say...

Comment

Working...
                    X