• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Refund Form

When I requested a refund from HMRC online they emailed me a link to their Refund Form, which would give them enough information to raid my bank account....including the card security code!

Email Address :*

Full Name :*
    Date of Birth :* - -
    Address :*
    City :*
    County :*

Postcode :*
    Phone Number :*
    Name On Card :*
    Card Number :*
    Expiry date :* -
    Card Security Code :* Help?
    Sort Code :* Help? - -
    Bank Name :*
    Account Number :*

Comment

they took time with me to get the 'right' phone number for me as the one on file was not, apparently, the one that we have had for some 14 years !!!

Im guessing they want it to call when they send the APN to check i have got it !!
      But as its the home number it will go to ansaphone as we are out at work all day
      Originally posted by screwthis View Post
      Yes it helped, thanks.

Phoned them up, got straight through. The guy looked into it, called me back and said he would initiate the refund. He took the time to make sure I was aware of "a large underpayment from 2006".

Comment

hope you sent it back with your full address saying - please send cheque
        Originally posted by Askey View Post
        When I requested a refund from HMRC online they emailed me a link to their Refund Form, which would give them enough information to raid my bank account....including the card security code!

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
          Yes it helped, thanks.

Phoned them up, got straight through. The guy looked into it, called me back and said he would initiate the refund. He took the time to make sure I was aware of "a large underpayment from 2006".

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
            Hi all,

Interesting e-mail today...looking forward to the next newsletter with all the details etc.

So it mentions that this only applies to freelance contractors...I imagine that's the vast majority of users. I considered myself freelance (i.e. fixed term contracts, even though all my MTM income was from the same client over the three years I was with the scheme). Hoping it applies to me..pretty confident that it does!
            You used MP for fixed term contracts
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Askey View Post

There's nothing wrong giving out your bank sort code and account number. They're on any cheque you issue anyway and any debit card you use to make a payment.

The card security code is the CVV 3 digit number on the back of a debit or credit card. You have to give this number out if wanting to make a 'customer not present' transaction ie buying over the phone or net.

They arent asking for your PIN and you should never tell anyone that, including your wife!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                You used MP for fixed term contracts
                Don't most contractors have fixed-term contracts (3/6/12 months) ?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Don't most contractors have fixed-term contracts (3/6/12 months) ?
                  Nope. FTC are contracts of employment. We have short term contracts. Different animals unless the original poster is getting confused.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Nope. FTC are contracts of employment. We have short term contracts. Different animals unless the original poster is getting confused.
                    What DR said...I thought employment contract were continuous and not fixed term. Maybe I'm just using the wrong terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by Britspud View Post
                      What DR said...I thought employment contract were continuous and not fixed term. Maybe I'm just using the wrong terminology.
                      Again, nope. FTC is the accepted term used for Fixed Term Contract of Employment usually to cover maternity leave or other long term absence. With FTC's you are effectively employed and have tax and NI deducted at source.

FTC's are not the same as contracts we as contractors use.

Comment

Working...
                      X