• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
    I've had APN warning letters withdrawn and then re-issued. Going from "tax the partnership avoided" to "the tax you avoided", followed by actual APNs for "the tax you avoided".

I wonder if this is the reason behind the withdrawals.
    This clears up one mystery.

You clearly had a PPN and now an APN.

The former is for tax "avoided" as a member of a partnership. The latter is individual.

Interesting and requiring of some cold towels and thought.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

HMRC avoidance dept number

Originally posted by growler View Post
      I'm trying to dig out a refund from the scum. Does anyone have a working number for this tax avoidance dept? The 03000 532 489 just tells me my call can't be connected and try again later
      Contact Number is 03000 554 635

Comment

Originally posted by Askey View Post
        that message you got is when the person whoes line it is is not logged into the system - so not necessary an invlaid number.

Comment

Originally posted by Askey View Post
          Cheers, will try tomorrow

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Any ideas when the next newsletter is coming out?

Comment

Next NTRT newsletter

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              Any ideas when the next newsletter is coming out?
              We're aiming for next Friday 29th May.

Comment

deGraaf APNs

Check that the scheme reference number (SRN) on the APNs matches the SRN that you put on your tax returns.

There seems to be a lot of inconsistency.

Montpelier have challenged APNs on the basis of wrong SRN. You could do likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  We're aiming for next Friday 29th May.
                  Isn't next Friday the 22nd? Or has the HMRC time machine got to you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Isn't next Friday the 22nd? Or has the HMRC time machine got to you?
                    Oops. Originally we were aiming for 29th but we're now hoping to bring it forward to end of next week.

There's quite a bit of admin process to sort out, both on our side and CCW's, for all the FTT applications.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      Oops. Originally we were aiming for 29th but we're now hoping to bring it forward to end of next week.

There's quite a bit of admin process to sort out, both on our side and CCW's, for all the FTT applications.
                      Any word on when Huitson FTT result will be announced?

Are we stumped if this comes out before we are able to apply to the FTT.

On the admin side will we or CCW (on our behalf) apply to the FTT.

Comment

Working...
                      X