• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Q - 3 month rolling contract - Umbrella or Ltd.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Funnily enough I would
    Go on, tell us Lisa.....is it Bedouin ???
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Go on, tell us Lisa.....is it Bedouin ???
      No it's us - we're brilliant, awesome in fact

Sorry, been listening to positive affirmation tapes all morning, don't know what came over me
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        IR35 is going to be a problem if it is a true rolling contract as well. It may well be umbrella is the best option regardless of length.
        Very important point. If you decide to go down the Umbrella route for the first 3 months, and then get extended (and you're considering going Ltd) you should get your contract reviewed and also be fully aware of your net pay compared to an Umbrella arrangement.

Comment

Hi All - After taking advice i think it's best to go the LTD company route(high daily rate).

I have one question you may be able to help with - if my contract ends in 9 months (December 2015)should i keep paying my accountant until end of financial year then dissolve the company? I gather this will be fairly straightforward in my case as my LTD co will be able to meet all it's obligations. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastendoflondon View Post
            Hi All - After taking advice i think it's best to go the LTD company route(high daily rate).

I have one question you may be able to help with - if my contract ends in 9 months (December 2015)should i keep paying my accountant until end of financial year then dissolve the company? I gather this will be fairly straightforward in my case as my LTD co will be able to meet all it's obligations. Cheers.
            Yes, in the case of SJD Accountancy, the fee is monthly paid, but is for the whole year of service. Which you will need. I am not sure they cover closing down, that cost extra.

Comment

I've been quoted £200 plus VAT from CapricaOnline to close down the company which seems reasonable imo. I will prob just use that option at end of the 9 months. Cheers.

Comment

Or just keep contracting, collect those bananas

Comment

Depending on reserves in the company it may be more tax efficient to keep the company 'trading' for a full 12 month period as you would then be eligible for entrepreneurs relief, which you would not be after 9 months.

Comment

Working...
                  X