• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Writing a DIY Will suitable for Contractors with a LTD company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    If you have any shareholders (besides a spouse) you will need a professional will writer.
    Why?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Why?
      Because things can get complicated and messy if not written up correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Because things can get complicated and messy if not written up correctly
        Why would having other shareholders in your company make things any more or less complicated about what you did with your share?

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that Larry Ellison's will isn't additionally complicated because I own shares in Oracle.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Why would having other shareholders in your company make things any more or less complicated about what you did with your share?

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that Larry Ellison's will isn't additionally complicated because I own shares in Oracle.
          Depends if he's left you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            Depends if he's left you anything.
            Even if he has, the statement that you need a professional will writer if "you have any shareholders (besides a spouse)" was, and remains, total bollocks.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
            X