• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about business banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about business banking

Hello,

I just opened my ltd company and I have an appointment in two weeks to open my bank account. I know nothing about the legal, can I transfert money form my personal account to my business account ?

I also need an accountant service, I know nothing about accounting and legal, if you know a good one on London tell me

Thanks

Are you introducing capital into the business or loaning the company money?

If the latter, its simple - transfer your money to the business account and record it in your books as a credit to your director loan account.

If this means nothing to you, speak to your accountant.

Comment

Yes, you can introduce money to your company from your personal bank account. The company effectively owes you that money.

I know a decent accountant in London 😉

Comment

Loan money to my company will be cool, it looks simple but I really need an accountant.

Thanks both

Comment

These accountants have a good reputation and a lot of experience with IT contracting:
          • SJD Accountancy
          • Nixon Williams
          • InTouch
          • inniAccounts

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
            These accountants have a good reputation and a lot of experience with IT contracting:
            • SJD Accountancy
            • Nixon Williams
            • InTouch
            • inniAccounts
            So do we :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ajouve View Post
              I also need an accountant service, I know nothing about accounting and legal, if you know a good one on London tell me
              There is a sticky at the top of this forum about accountant recommendations - have a look in there.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
                • SJD Accountancy
                • Nixon Williams
                • InTouch
                • inniAccounts
                Not sure if all these guys are in London, but if it's a requirement to have a London based accountant we can certainly fit the bill! Plenty of recommendations on my personal LinkedIn profile also.

Comment

I know at least one of those accountants will look after opening a bank account, without having to wait 2 weeks for an appointment too...

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
                    I know at least one of those accountants will look after opening a bank account, without having to wait 2 weeks for an appointment too...
                    Yes we can deal with the application and give new clients out a pre-allocated account number and sort code. No need for the client to visit a bank.

Comment

Working...
                    X