• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying CT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying CT

Having problems paying this through HSBC Business A/c, as it appears they have limits on amounts which can be paid out in one go - not amused.
    Just phoned them and it appears it's 'policy', & if I want to change the limits I need to go into a branch and fill in a form
    Just what is the point of their internet banking if I can't actually do my banking over the internet? Contradictory or what?

Question is: can I split my C/Tax payment into 2 separate payments over 2 days, using the same reference number? Would this be acceptable to HMRC?

Tried contacting HMRC; no-one available.

Not having much luck, so thought I'd ask on here. Thanks.
    Clarity is everything

Absolutely fine to make multiple payments to HMRC for corporation tax.

Providing that each of the payments has your reference number for that period, HMRC will then allocate them correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@InTouch View Post
      Absolutely fine to make multiple payments to HMRC for corporation tax.

Providing that each of the payments has your reference number for that period, HMRC will then allocate them correctly.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply Louisa.
      Clarity is everything

Comment

Mine went across this year in 2 payments - worked fine

Comment

I'm, also with HSBC and can confirm 2 payments is fine (or at least they haven't complained yet and we first did it 5 years ago...).
          Still Invoicing

Comment

I found that with my business's Santander account, I was able to pre-schedule the whole amount with no problems at all. (In the past, I used to pay it in two instalments on the last day, but I think this works better for me.)

Comment

Working...
            X