• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S660A latest !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S660A latest !?

I'll be returning to the fold after 4 years as a Perm and just doing a little refresher before I start up a Ltd. IR35 looks pretty much as is but I can't find anything on the latest situation with S660A ( or later legislation along the same lines ). Is it still the done thing to make your wife a shareholder or !?

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I'll be returning to the fold after 4 years as a Perm and just doing a little refresher before I start up a Ltd. IR35 looks pretty much as is but I can't find anything on the latest situation with S660A ( or later legislation along the same lines ). Is it still the done thing to make your wife a shareholder or !?
    Provided her shares carry the same voting rights as yours... There was no later legislation, the Supreme court made it clear that HMRC's position was untenable. An attempt to draft a replacement was equally firmly rebuffed.

But that was more than four years ago. Had anything changed you would have heard the explosion!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Provided her shares carry the same voting rights as yours... There was no later legislation, the Supreme court made it clear that HMRC's position was untenable. An attempt to draft a replacement was equally firmly rebuffed.

But that was more than four years ago. Had anything changed you would have heard the explosion!
      Ta for that. That's an early TICK !

Comment

Section 660A

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Yes still fine to share split with your spouse as a tax saving mechanism, if one or both of you are Higher Rate Tax payers and hold the same type of shares.

Comment

The principles and legislation have not changed around your spouse holding shares in your company.

You will as always need to consider the class of shares, voting rights and the amount of dividends paid.

Ultimately, you will need to look at the levels of income both of you have and whether this will be tax efficient.

Comment

Working...
          X