• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Company - Ireland Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GB company must operate Irish PAYE to pay you then, simples.

Think twice about contracting in Ireland, Dublin is very expensive and rates are poor.

Comment

Originally posted by anandh79 View Post
      if i get paid by irish company or in euros, my options are pretty simple that i need to go via umberlla company in ireland or set up limited company there.

It is more of since I am paid in GBP by UK company, I am confused how that will be treated again while opening company in ireland.
      You need to check this out:

http://www.osk.ie/assets/files/Contr...rch%202012.pdf

For example if you are a director of a
      UK company and you are coming to
      work in Ireland on a contract basis
      and you intend to continue
      contracting through your UK
      company
      It is necessary for you to register your company as an employer, for
      PAYE purposes, with the Irish Revenue Commissioners.
      If don't want to take risks you need to see an Irish accountant, because according to the above the rules are clear that you need to be paying Irish tax even if you are not resident and running the contract through your UK Ltd.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 November 2014, 19:52.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hi All

What exactly happens when we register our UK Ltd company for irish PAYE. Do i lose the status of UK based company or just during the contracting I register with Irish PAYE.

I draw minimum salary for myself and my wife who is also additional director and we withdraw everything else by Dividends only.

So, what amount of PAYE would Irish authorities expecting me to pay as I draw only minimum salary. Does this mean i can take the dividends under UK law ?

Comment

I would visit an Irish accountant and discuss it with him.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by anandh79 View Post
            Hi All

What exactly happens when we register our UK Ltd company for irish PAYE. Do i lose the status of UK based company or just during the contracting I register with Irish PAYE.

I draw minimum salary for myself and my wife who is also additional director and we withdraw everything else by Dividends only.

So, what amount of PAYE would Irish authorities expecting me to pay as I draw only minimum salary. Does this mean i can take the dividends under UK law ?
            Just employ an Ireland Accountant, form an Irish company or join an Irish brolly.

What are you paying your wife for? Is it realistic for the work she does?

Comment

Working...
            X