• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about business bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a natwest account - yeah it took bloody ages to open it.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You can open a personal account in any name you wish, I think. So to avoid lying about the name on the account, could you open an additional personal account "Your Company" (not Your Company Ltd) and give the account details for it? You should be able to do that over the phone with your bank, I imagine.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I suppose if you were intent on doing this, the trick would be to name your company very similar to you own name. IE, John Smith and John Smith Ltd. And then just "forget" to put the "Ltd" on the form. Not that I'd suggest this. Nope. Uh-uh.

Comment

Get the agency to pay you by cheque and then take it to Cash Converters or similar and get the money?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Go to a different bank and open an account in branch.

Ask before putting in an application how long they take to open an account.

Some can give you your account number very quickly with online banking information following within a week.

I did this after being told by another contractor how difficult some banks were as she had waited nearly 2 months for Natwest to open an account. In the end she ended up with 2 business bank accounts as then Santander could open a business account within 2 weeks.

Yes it does mean you will have to take time out from your contract but it's better than no money.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              I suppose if you were intent on doing this, the trick would be to name your company very similar to you own name. IE, John Smith and John Smith Ltd. And then just "forget" to put the "Ltd" on the form. Not that I'd suggest this. Nope. Uh-uh.
              Well my business bank account apparently is in the name of "d000hg Lt" anyway
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Go into an HSBC Branch with your Limited Company Registration Certificate, your Contract, your Passport plus a personal Bill (proof of address) as well as your NI Number and any other Company documentation showings its registered address and you could walk out an hour later with a Business Banking Account number.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Go into an HSBC Branch with your Limited Company Registration Certificate, your Contract, your Passport plus a personal Bill (proof of address) as well as your NI Number and any other Company documentation showings its registered address and you could walk out an hour later with a Business Banking Account number.
                  OP has admitted to sketchy credit history. HSBC won't be keen.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                    OP has admitted to sketchy credit history. HSBC won't be keen.
                    Suggestion to OP.

Go to www.noddle.co.uk and register. You will be immediately able to view your Credit Score on an "out of 5" basis in, return to get a single monthly email from them. You can also view your full credit profile and who has done searches, and when?

Very useful to all on this forum.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Santander opened mine instantly over the phone. Don't know if they have an issue with credit history though.

Comment

Working...
                      X