• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS TLC35 insurance policy wording and section 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS TLC35 insurance policy wording and section 8

I'm reviewing my policy wording for my TLC35 insurance and I notice that I'm not insured under Section 8. (policy started in July).

Section 8 states:

Section 8. Chapter 5, Part 5 of the Income Tax (Trading & Other Income) Act 2005 Taxes, Interest and Penalties
    Any taxes, interest and any additional payments necessarily arising from a settlement, which are both related to the tax
    to be paid and capable of mitigation, which are imposed upon a policyholder or the appointed consultant by HMRC in connection with an enquiry by HMRC brought under Chapter 5, Part 5 of the Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act

However, section 9 and 10 are covered, which are:

Section 9. Status Enquiry Taxes and Interest
    Section 10. Status Enquiry Penalties

And those section seem to me related to the tax I had to pay in the case I would be found to fall inside IR35.

Does anybody here has some examples on what Section 8 applies to?

Many thanks

Why don't you call QDOS and ask them?

I'd rather hear it from them than via a 3rd party on a forum.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Section 8 relates to S660/income shifting liabilities. Only reason it's on the schedule is because you can add that cover on if required. If not it'll show 'Not Insured'.
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Why don't you call QDOS and ask them?

I'd rather hear it from them than via a 3rd party on a forum.
        This! Never ceases to amaze me that someone pays for something or is employed by someone (umbrella) and instead of asking the people they are offering the service they pay for they will go for the bunch of strangers option first.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X