• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35

I am bit confused with the IR35, would I fall outside IR35, if there is a risk that at any time they could tell me not to come for the next few days as there is not much work? Also if the employees get certain benefits, like discounts for transport, buying stuff, and have access to the network or intranet that I dont have?

Many thanks
    Alex

Originally posted by Adelarosa View Post
    I am bit confused with the IR35, would I fall outside IR35, if there is a risk that at any time they could tell me not to come for the next few days as there is not much work? Also if the employees get certain benefits, like discounts for transport, buying stuff, and have access to the network or intranet that I dont have?

Many thanks
    Alex
    The above are weak indicators of an outside IR35 position.

Get your contract and actual working practices reviewed by Bauer and Cottrell, or Qdos if you like a cheap solution.

Comment

They are both positive pointers, the first more than the second (it is an indication of insufficient MOO) but you can't really make an accurate IR35 assessment based on such a small amount of information.

Get your comtract and working practices reviewed by a professional if you don't consider yourself knowledgable or experienced enough to make your own judgement!

Comment

Originally posted by Adelarosa View Post

Many thanks
        Alex
        I've taken the liberty of requoting the helpful posts from your duplicate thread here for you:

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Firstly this is the wrong place to post a serious post.

Secondly look over there --> under "CUK Navigation" and click on "IR35/ S660/ BN66" then start reading.
        Originally posted by cojak View Post
        And OP follow this advice because I am watching you...
        Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        There are many good guides as a starter to IR35 - as a good starting point, why not head over to the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed (ipse.co.uk) website (there is probably an advert showing at the top of the page), who when they were the PCG produced a good free guide.

Also, have a look over on the right hand side here and see what the "First Timers" section and the "IR35..." section has to offer.

For future reference, you should really post serious questions like this in one of the professional fora (Business/Contracts or Accounting/Legal) where you will get more useful answers. Bear in mind that the General forum says "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here...Seriously" (or something like that) which should give you enough of a warning about what this one is like.

Good luck, and welcome

Have a look at the guides and then come back with some specific questions. Have you considered joining IPSE who provide a lot of excellent advice and guidance for their members?

I'd guess by the nature of your post that you're pretty new to this, but if you look at the protection and expert advice and guidance that you can find out there for a reasonable fee, it's a no-brainer in the eyes of many.

Good luck, again.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X