• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contractor IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So the question is, what makes the OP think that the contract and working practices are undoubtedly outside IR35?
    If they are that strongly outside then they should be ok. The ild self employed status indicators might help a bit.

fixed price with genuine financial risk would probably help significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by ENG1 View Post
      Hi all, apologies as I know this has possibly been asked many times but here goes. I am a design engineer in the construction industry. It is common for people like myself to work either as employees or as contractors. I have always been permanent but have decided to go contract and have set up a limited company. I am completely new to all this and have an accountant.

I handed in my notice without any work lined up as I have a long notice period to negotiate. My employer use contractors all the time and asked me to stay on for a few months as a contractor. The contract and the working arrangements are undoubtedly outside IR35 but should I be particularly concerned about my own IR35 status under this arrangement, even if I'm only here for a short period?
      Yes, you should be particularly concerned.

You should get your contract and working practices reviewed by an IR35 expert, e.g. Qdos, Bauer & Cottrell, Abbey tax, Law speed, etc. They will be able to give you an indication of whether or not the income should be processed in accordance with IR35 legislation (i.e. via PAYE).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They probably are to a new contractor coming in fresh. It's him that breaks it.
        I have doubts about the statement that the working practices are definitely outside IR35.

I don't doubt that the OP believes that to be the case - just that it's very hard for any first time contractor to correctly assess it.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          I have doubts about the statement that the working practices are definitely outside IR35.

I don't doubt that the OP believes that to be the case - just that it's very hard for any first time contractor to correctly assess it.
          True enough but it's a bit of a minor point when he is blatantly a Mon/Fri contractor.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X