• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Regulations and conflicting contract clauses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you had stayed with the consultancy wouldn't the new one be obliged to pay you as they take on their business inc liabilities?
    No they're not legally obliged to do anything, brand new company. I went direct to the end client, not via any consultancy

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      No they're not legally obliged to do anything, brand new company. I went direct to the end client, not via any consultancy
      But it's not a brand new company. You said it was bought. That tends to include assets and liabilities no?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        But it's not a brand new company. You said it was bought. That tends to include assets and liabilities no?
        Depends on the nature of the sale. The new consultancy could have purchased just the assets and left the administrators with the liabilities.
        The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

@Safe Collections - is this something you could handle to claim for my last invoice or does the counter claim issue complicate things and is more suitable to be represetnted by a solicitor?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
            @Safe Collections - is this something you could handle to claim for my last invoice or does the counter claim issue complicate things and is more suitable to be represetnted by a solicitor?
            The short answer is yes we could handle it, the long answer is still yes, but it will depend on reviewing the background of the claim and the nature of the agreement etc etc...

Feel free to get in touch for a chat
            The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Update: The agent coughed up in the end after I responded to each of their points in the claim that there was no legal standing.

I think they were bluffing and realised they had nowhere to go.

Comment

Working...
              X