• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - Guilty as charged! - Updated May 2016 - NOT GUILTY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theroyale View Post
    Maybe you do. Not everyone does. It could be that they're using the old-fashioned name because that's the one they're more familiar with. Equating with 'troll' seems ridiculous to be honest.
    Agreed... When I read it I just thought it was an older person... Lots of people still call them HMRE.... No big deal

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Agreed... When I read it I just thought it was an older person... Lots of people still call them HMRE.... No big deal
      HMRE HM Customs & Exercise, certainly (from which HMRC originates, together with the Inland Revenue). The Inland Revenue was around for centuries before HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        HMRE HM Customs & Exercise, certainly (from which HMRC originates, together with the Inland Revenue). The Inland Revenue was around for centuries before HMRC.

lol fail

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Some of us aren't as old as you think!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Me either

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Really? I thought you remember income tax being introduced?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When op posts questions raised would it be worth putting as a sticky along with any guidance for future reference to anyone else that finds themselves in that situation

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Really? I thought you remember income tax being introduced?
                  Her memory is not so good nowadays.

Comment

Finding other contractors to investigate

A question for the OP (munchers), apologies I couldn't find your original post on this to quote here:

You had mentioned somewhere in your thread that HMRE had/may have used the investigation into your contract at Client X to then "drill down" to find other contractors at the same client to investigate. Did this happen? (makes logical sense that they would!). Any info of how it went for the other guys?

Comment

How many years were they investigating to come up with a possible £100k liability?

Comment

Working...
                      X