+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Thumbs down Parasol Umbrella Company

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. do your homework and research umbrella companies. When you do you will find Parasol and company full of misinformation. confusing payslips, expensive fees and when it comes to speaking to specific people they are 'never there'. Thet come across as all funky and cool but in relaity there are nothing but shisters!

    This month 'August 2011' i have paid over 1000 in tax & NI, which is far above what i would be paying if ot using this company. They have 3 page payslips with confusing and contradicting information which will confuse the layman.

    Other people have reported good things but i personally have nothing good to report and only bad things to report. Just do your homework and then decide.

    Good luck !

  2. #2

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks (Given)
    237
    Thanks (Received)
    224
    Likes (Given)
    353
    Likes (Received)
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McQueen View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. do your homework and research umbrella companies. When you do you will find Parasol and company full of misinformation. confusing payslips, expensive fees and when it comes to speaking to specific people they are 'never there'. Thet come across as all funky and cool but in relaity there are nothing but shisters!

    This month 'August 2011' i have paid over 1000 in tax & NI, which is far above what i would be paying if ot using this company. They have 3 page payslips with confusing and contradicting information which will confuse the layman.

    Other people have reported good things but i personally have nothing good to report and only bad things to report. Just do your homework and then decide.

    Good luck !
    What were your earnings for August?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

    Follow us on Twitter.

    ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

  3. #3

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McQueen View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. do your homework and research umbrella companies. When you do you will find Parasol and company full of misinformation. confusing payslips, expensive fees and when it comes to speaking to specific people they are 'never there'. Thet come across as all funky and cool but in relaity there are nothing but shisters!

    This month 'August 2011' i have paid over 1000 in tax & NI, which is far above what i would be paying if ot using this company. They have 3 page payslips with confusing and contradicting information which will confuse the layman.

    Other people have reported good things but i personally have nothing good to report and only bad things to report. Just do your homework and then decide.

    Good luck !
    Ian, I am Parasol's PR Manager. Please feel free to email me at steven.proud@parasolgroup.co.uk or give me a call on 01925 644 892 (my direct line) so we can go through your issues.

    Thanks

    Steven

  4. #4

    Godlike

    chef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    6,038
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    39
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McQueen View Post
    and when it comes to speaking to specific people they are 'never there'.
    25 mins between posting on a public forum and having the PR Manager give you direct contact details asking to get in touch, I'd say that's not bad
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

  5. #5

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,703
    Thanks (Given)
    36
    Thanks (Received)
    763
    Likes (Given)
    352
    Likes (Received)
    2345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@Parasol View Post
    Ian, I am Parasol's PR Manager. Please feel free to email me at xxxxx or give me a call on xxxxx (my direct line) so we can go through your issues.

    Thanks

    Steven
    Steven, be very carefull posting your contact details on the public forums, unless you have a pressing desire for penis enlargment spam or cold calls from boiler room scammers.

    A PM to the OP and a post telling them you have done so is much safer.

    Kudos for the quick response though.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  6. #6

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,703
    Thanks (Given)
    36
    Thanks (Received)
    763
    Likes (Given)
    352
    Likes (Received)
    2345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    What were your earnings for August?
    And how much tax do you think you should have paid, and why?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  7. #7

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Steven, be very carefull posting your contact details on the public forums, unless you have a pressing desire for penis enlargment spam or cold calls from boiler room scammers.

    A PM to the OP and a post telling them you have done so is much safer.

    Kudos for the quick response though.
    Thanks DaveB, more haste less speed!

    Although my work details are in that many places I don't know if its possible to get more spam!

  8. #8

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks (Given)
    237
    Thanks (Received)
    224
    Likes (Given)
    353
    Likes (Received)
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    And how much tax do you think you should have paid, and why?
    Quite! It is amazing how many people come onto this forum complaining about the companies who post here with little or no evidence for the complaint
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

    Follow us on Twitter.

    ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

  9. #9

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Ian, I have your records in front of me and have gone through your call history and notes etc with our Head of Operations so do please get in touch when you have a minute.

    Regarding our fees, you were with us for one month only and signed up when we had an offer that gave you your first two months free of charge so you haven't actually paid any fees to us. On the occaisions when you have incorrectly submitted your expenses we also cancelled and re-invoiced on your behalf seven times. Again we did this for you free of charge as a gesture of good will.

    As you're are submitting your timesheets based on a day rate but currently only work parts of the day, you would be better off if you worked on an hourly basis as opposed to daily as advised by our Employee Support team.

    In addition, you have still paid less tax then you would have done via PAYE.

    You did calls us to explain the payslip to you in more detail but regretably you hung up on us during the call.

    We do publish a payslip explanation which I'd be delighted to send a copy of to you. Just let me know.

    Steven

  10. #10

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    147
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Well done!

    The phrase "shot down in flames" springs to mind.

    Ian sounds like a bit of a t*sser.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.