• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have umbrella companies told their clients what their plans are after April?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefaclese View Post
    So the question that nobody seems to be answering (or even asking?) - what is a credible alternative to using an umbrella? I'm certainly not going to carry on paying my umbrella £22.50 to simply transfer my wages from my agency to my bank account.

Without home to work mileage, site to site travel calculated on a weekly basis (working this out at the end of the tax year is a joke), and subsistence I will be losing around £200 PER WEEK from my take home pay.
    Ask your agency if they have an option to go on their books as an old fashioned temp. I agree, paying £1,000 a year just to have them produce a payslip is a rip off, but one many will fall for.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      I agree, paying £1,000 a year just to have them produce a payslip is a rip off, but one many will fall for.
      There is a little more involved in processing payments rather than just a straight transfer [emoji4]

Comment

Ask your agency if they have an option to go on their books as an old fashioned temp. I agree, paying £1,000 a year just to have them produce a payslip is a rip off, but one many will fall for.
        Not like you to have a downer on the financial service providers Waldorf
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I am sure I keep getting this wrong but won't giving notice your brolly mean your last location becomes your permanent one which means you can't claim T&S anyway as it's no longer temporary?
          Will see what happens when I put my expenses in the portal on Friday nothing as been said to the contrary. * BUT* if they reject them I wont be working the last week of my notice, I have already explained that to my boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
            Will see what happens when I put my expenses in the portal on Friday nothing as been said to the contrary. * BUT* if they reject them I wont be working the last week of my notice, I have already explained that to my boss.
            Just so you are aware we have finally received confirmation from HMRC that allowable expenses incurred up until the 6th April may still be processed, however the issue lies in that any payments made to the contractor after the 6th April cannot have these expenses processed via salary sacrifice within them, so the contractor will have to claim these through self assessment. We will be contacting all of our contractors on Monday to confirm any expenses that we have not be able to process with written confirmation for HMRC of what has actually been incurred during the assignment. Absolutely ridiculous

Comment

Seems like my expenses are being processed as usual even though I have just worked the first week of my 2 week notice period. so thats okay then Ill be working next week. Going on the bench for a month or so, need a holiday and time out. Paystream even up to yesterday were chasing me to go to Ltd Co, and their MYPSC scheme at £150 a month, I have told them right out now I am not interested If I do return to Ltd it will be run by me utilising an accountant

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
                their MYPSC scheme at £150 a month
                You couldn't make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Not like you to have a downer on the financial service providers Waldorf
                  I do have a downer on people getting stuffed.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                    There is a little more involved in processing payments rather than just a straight transfer [emoji4]
                    What, a payroll system where a figure is entered and it throws another out? Ell worth £1,000 a year.

Comment

I do have a downer on people getting stuffed.
                      Which I agree with but comments like umbrellas only offer payroll doesn't really win anything.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X