• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying new Google problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, i have the same issue, did a quick Google and nothing obvious about fixing it.

Comment

Yep, was the same here. Win 8.1 and Firefox 25.0.1

Seems to have got better recently so maybe the .0.1 update fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Do you seriously not know what IE is (especially in the context of this thread)?

Assuming you just had a brain fart, it's Internet Explorer.
        What do you think?

Comment

Wow, replies! Ta. The blank page address is the original long Google request. Bit surprised no reports on Google. There are similar problems but not exactly this one.

Maybe due to IE changing browser detection method? Causes Another minor popup bug with IE11 that you get on some pages, eg Daily Telegraph, "Scanstyles does nothing in Webkit/Firefox/Opera".
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Do you seriously not know what IE is (especially in the context of this thread)?

Assuming you just had a brain fart, it's Internet Explorer.
            What's Internet Explorer?
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I can confirm that this is happening to me on both IE and FF. Very annoying and I am surprised that Google hasnt fixed it. The only solution seems to hit back again and hit forward again. Sort it out Google !
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Seems this might fix this annoyance:

Remove Windows Updates:
                KB2888505 &
                KB2887595 &
                KB2898785

Just done it on my systems & seems to work. HTH
                Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                X