• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O2 broadband bought by $ky...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Can u get Sky if you've already got sky (own box and disk) and not take Sky BB? I have 02 moby contract - 7 phones - don't ask!
    Could you rephrase what "Can you get Sky if you've already got Sky" means? You can certainly have Sky TV without Sky BB or Sky phone, and you can have Sky BB without Sky TV.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    RIP BeThere.

It was great when it started - one of the first, if not the first, large scale ADSL 2 deployment with truly unlimited stuff.

Sky is tulip - as soon as BT Infinity is available locally I'll drop them like a stone.
    What exactly is wrong with Sky... same exchange, same phone lines, ADSL2, unlimited non-shaped (they claim) usage?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What exactly is wrong with Sky... same exchange, same phone lines, ADSL2, unlimited non-shaped (they claim) usage?
      I've been using Sky Broadband for a few years now and upgraded to fibre as soon as we go the chance.
      Never really had any problems with them... although they are now blocking some of the torrent proxy sites
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I've been using Sky Broadband for a few years now and upgraded to fibre as soon as we go the chance.
        Never really had any problems with them... although they are now blocking some of the torrent proxy sites
        Plenty of proxies for those or a vm with tor on it

Doog

Comment

Could you rephrase what "Can you get Sky if you've already got Sky" means? You can certainly have Sky TV without Sky BB or Sky phone, and you can have Sky BB without Sky TV.
          Yeah it was poor!

1. I already have a Sky sub - owned box and dish

2. I am with 02 mobile

3. I have BT Infinity on BT line

4. I don't want Sky BB or Sky line

5. Get I avail myself of the deal - Sky only not the BB?

I must admit I haven't really read the thread fully!

Comment

Ahhh, so it's 02 BB customers not 02 Mobile - nae mind!

Comment

Plenty of proxies for those or a vm with tor on it

Doog
              it's just a pain having to google for new proxies. Game of thrones waits for no man!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ahhh, so it's 02 BB customers not 02 Mobile - nae mind!
                Yeah, Sky took over O2's phone & BB business so all O2 customers are already with Sky, but they're offering incentives to try and upgrade/keep them.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  it's just a pain having to google for new proxies. Game of thrones waits for no man!
                  iPredator is your friend.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What's wrong with Sky?

I moved house to be next to same exchange as before (50 meters vs 600 meters before), on Sky I had 6 Mbits despite same good stats on line - they basically artificially limited it.

Now I am getting regular disconnects on Sky after midnight - I don't use Internet much, but they clearly do some tulip with line management - disconnects are particularly annoying.

Comment

I am still on the old legacy Be tarriffs, fair speeds and truly unlimited, suspect I will keep with them as long as possible, but not looking to be here in 12 months time so reluctant to sign up to a new agreement.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X