• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet Keyboard for a Desktop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Keyboard for a Desktop

Looking for a keyboard similar to a Laptop or Tablet keyboard with a nice quiet keystroke. I went to the shop and most keyboards still "rattle" annoyingly like they did in the 1990's, the one or two I found that were quiet were cordless or expensive with features such as being illuminated which I don't want.

Wondering about this:

LOGITECH K280e UK Layout Corded Keyboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Seems to be quiet.
    I'm alright Jack

I recently bought a new keyboard - Delux K1500. I hadn't heard about this brand before, but so far it turns out to be great. The only button that makes any noise is the space button, but I think it is normal. It also has great stylish look.

Comment

Originally posted by KateWindleton View Post
      I recently bought a new keyboard - Delux K1500. I hadn't heard about this brand before, but so far it turns out to be great. The only button that makes any noise is the space button, but I think it is normal. It also has great stylish look.
      First page on google is all russian except for the last one which is chinese.

Comment

I've got two Microsoft arc keyboards. Very similar to a laptop keyboard in terms of feel and noise.

Comment

That sounds good, yeah tried out a Microsoft keyboard and I like it.

Thx for the tips.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Logitech are really good for laptop-style keyboards.
            If you're not sure about the actuation, noise, key spacing and the general feel, PC World / Currys have a pretty good selection of lower-end Logitech in stock to test.

Comment

Still using the Cherry keyboard that came with my 1993 PC. It is pretty quiet.

BTW that PC cost £1700.
              Last edited by unixman; 11 April 2016, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
              X