• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching jools, - liam is CRAP!!! IMMHO

Comment

This evening's entertainment, following on from the NZ Highway Patrol thing and the NZ Motorway Patrol thing, was the curiously entitled "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" with Barbara Stanwyck, Van Heflin, Lizabeth Scott, and Kirk Douglass in his first screen role.

The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) - IMDb

It was noir, in proper black & white, with a fairly poor transfer that had the frame counter dots in a string along the top of the screen.

I assume that they'd have been less visible on a CRT tv connected to a dvd player, but they were certainly irritating enough on the HD screen connected to the bluray player.

Comment

Einstein was a right clever bugger wasn't he?
        my brain hurts

Comment

I haven't got enough brain left for it to hurt any more.

It's my neck, back and shoulders that hurts most these days.

Oh, and not forgetting my knees.

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning all S’murky out. Musty head going on too.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all S’murky out. Musty head going on too.
                  me too, must be a bug going 'round

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    me too, must be a bug going 'round
                    Yeah, I think I might have had a dodgy pint last night. The first 6 were lovely, but I think one of the ones after that was a bit off, which is really strange because they were all out of the same cask that I’d only tapped in the afternoon.

Comment

Glorious weather what?

Just listening to Peter Dawson singing "Road to Mandalay" in honour of dear old Boris.

According to sommat I half listened to on R4 this morning he was prevented from singing that in the Far East recently.

Some boring twat is on DID this morning.*

He wrote "The Emperor of All Maladies" which sits upon my bookshelf unread even yet.

The ZeitNiece is off to Brussels for a while, so we'll have to avoid nuking the tuliphole until after Xmas.

<ZG in "take off & nuke the tuliphole from orbit" mode>

* **** me he likes some unlistenable crap. I think I'd listen to fecking "Wonderwall" again before some of that tulipe.

And there's another ZeitSundayLunch cooked & consumed.

This week is a lamb week, and I found some minted leg of lamb in the freezer.

It was very nice & made a pleasant change.

The gravy was glorious so I must have done sommat right.

I suspect that not putting the violet water from the red cabbage in it made a difference.

Violet tinted gravy is a bit offputting.

Dear Deity, can it get any more unpleasant out there. Horizontal drizzle. Qute a strong wind.

And the Sunday shop is imminent.

Tempted to light one of the last fires this place will ever see.

It's a bit of a pity considering how much wood is in the bunker.

Feck me, that R4 programme about cooking lunch for a couple of MS sufferers was a fine addition to the depression induced by the lack of sunlight & excess of greyness and drizzle.

I'll have to hide all the knives.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 1 October 2017, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
                      X