+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    43
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default another tax avoidance scheme - an annuity!

    I've been approached by Innoplan extolling the virtues of a scheme that lets me keep 90% of my income. It would appear I would work for them and they would pay me a token salary and I would receive the rest of the money in the form of a reverse annuity - they give me the rest of my earnings as a lump sum and I then owe them income in the form of annuity payments at some future date. All clear as mud but hey, what could possibly go wrong? I get to retain 90% - good or what?!

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    I've been approached by Innoplan extolling the virtues of a scheme that lets me keep 90% of my income. It would appear I would work for them and they would pay me a token salary and I would receive the rest of the money in the form of a reverse annuity - they give me the rest of my earnings as a lump sum and I then owe them income in the form of annuity payments at some future date. All clear as mud but hey, what could possibly go wrong? I get to retain 90% - good or what?!
    Old hat, just a version of the loans scheme

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,356
    Thanks (Given)
    1140
    Thanks (Received)
    937
    Likes (Given)
    4271
    Likes (Received)
    3787

    Default

    You are a fool if you think this will work.

    Expect HRMC to wait 5-10 years then come after you for back tax and penalties. Oh and the back tax will be more than what you would have paid originally as they estimate it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DotasScandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,122
    Thanks (Given)
    130
    Thanks (Received)
    113
    Likes (Given)
    1335
    Likes (Received)
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are a fool if you think this will work.
    The OP was being tongue in cheek, methinks?
    We all know by now that when that fruit is ripe HMRC will simply ask Parliament for (and get) the appropriate bit of "targeted" retrospective legislation.

    Rinse, repeat.

  5. #5

    Super poster

    Fred Bloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,626
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    73
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    I've been approached by Innoplan extolling the virtues of a scheme that lets me keep 90% of my income. It would appear I would work for them and they would pay me a token salary and I would receive the rest of the money in the form of a reverse annuity - they give me the rest of my earnings as a lump sum and I then owe them income in the form of annuity payments at some future date. All clear as mud but hey, what could possibly go wrong? I get to retain 90% - good or what?!
    What could possibly go wrong?

  6. #6

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    43
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotasScandal View Post
    The OP was being tongue in cheek, methinks?
    Very!

    Just putting together a list of questions to ask if the clowns come back to me to ask what I think of their scheme.

    In the bumpf they emailed me there are references to both Innoplan and First 4 Contractors. Amusingly both companies are listed as dormant?

  7. #7

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    11
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    35

    Default

    Advise them you are happy to go ahead -
    provided you receive a personal indemnification from all directors and officers for all future tax, NIC interest, penalties, legal expenses and other incidental costs any retrospective action may incur.

  8. #8

    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Innoplan

    OK people I have been reading the story board those with recent dealings with Innoplan - have you took up there service

    I came over to the dark side in 2014 - becoming a contactor after been strangled to death as a PAYE for 35 years

    New to the contracting game my accountant - Brooksons who make the Spanish inquisition look like a Sunday school outing, I need to ditch as it's been 2+ years of pain

    Bottom line is Innoplan HMRC compliant - I have been approached by them like everyone else I am looking for a more tax efficient way to extract money - in my case its 85% of my contract his may because I have a pension which is taken into account, I have asked for the relevant HMRC guidance on this Annuity lark - will wait and see what they come back with

    I am not one for making decisions lightly I like to delve to the 10th Degree - otherwise the HMRC can have you by the short and curleys - sometimes I think Brooksons are an Agent for HMRC

    I express my concerns with Innoplan - the marketing executive gives me the contact details of a third party who runs his books through them.

    I contact this third party he worked in same line as me in the North Sea in the last 30 years whilst he has moved in different circles we know some of the same people - oil & gas is a small world we chew the cud on who we know and he mentions a name one that there is no way a scam artist could know unless you had been in the game - dejavu -any way I ask another mutual acquaintance if the third party is sound and he tells me he is a good guy, now this 3rd party told me he has used Innoplan for 3 years and has not ad any come back from HMRC

    So any feedback out there on Innoplan and can amyone actually say they have a good contacting soluton

  9. #9

    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Old hat, just a version of the loans scheme
    so whats your alternative

  10. #10

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,814
    Thanks (Given)
    462
    Thanks (Received)
    952
    Likes (Given)
    4025
    Likes (Received)
    2638

    Default another tax avoidance scheme - an annuity!

    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    so whats your alternative
    There isn't one - you became a contractor 10 years too late.

    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    OK people I have been reading the story board those with recent dealings with Innoplan - have you took up there service

    I came over to the dark side in 2014 - becoming a contactor after been strangled to death as a PAYE for 35 years

    New to the contracting game my accountant - Brooksons who make the Spanish inquisition look like a Sunday school outing, I need to ditch as it's been 2+ years of pain

    Bottom line is Innoplan HMRC compliant - I have been approached by them like everyone else I am looking for a more tax efficient way to extract money - in my case its 85% of my contract his may because I have a pension which is taken into account, I have asked for the relevant HMRC guidance on this Annuity lark - will wait and see what they come back with

    I am not one for making decisions lightly I like to delve to the 10th Degree - otherwise the HMRC can have you by the short and curleys - sometimes I think Brooksons are an Agent for HMRC

    I express my concerns with Innoplan - the marketing executive gives me the contact details of a third party who runs his books through them.

    I contact this third party he worked in same line as me in the North Sea in the last 30 years whilst he has moved in different circles we know some of the same people - oil & gas is a small world we chew the cud on who we know and he mentions a name one that there is no way a scam artist could know unless you had been in the game - dejavu -any way I ask another mutual acquaintance if the third party is sound and he tells me he is a good guy, now this 3rd party told me he has used Innoplan for 3 years and has not ad any come back from HMRC

    So any feedback out there on Innoplan and can amyone actually say they have a good contacting soluton

    There is no such thing as a scheme being HMRC compliant. If you looked at the Budget yesterday you will see that the Government are moving all public sector contractors into PAYE and we expect them to do the same to the private sector.

    Tell your friend to expect a brown envelope from HMRC very shortly - he'll be thrilled to know that you put them onto him as HMRC read these boards...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.