• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recumbent Bicycles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Seems incredibly dangerous as you can't see much. As least on a normal bike you have height and visibility.
    I've seen some footage from a helmet camera of somebody riding one...visibility is fine.

Comment

Well, you're certainly right about street cred. I turn heads every time I pedal down Weston sea front. Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

I always say that once you've gone recumbent you never go back. Admitedly, I did get into it by accident as I kept getting a chill om my kidneys as a result of my windcheater riding up every time I got down over the bars.

Because of the riding position you will get the full brunt of the wind. For this I recommend a yellow one piece banana suit (I normally wear a pair of undies over the suit to prevent my ticket from showing).

They can also be trickier than a regular cycle if you travel by train. I have posted several times on my woes in loading my recumbent into the guard's van on my morning train journey.

All in all though I say go for it and feel free to PM me if you want.
      Last edited by gricerboy; 19 September 2013, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Can you buy them off the shelf or are they custom made?

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          Can you buy them off the shelf or are they custom made?
          These were definitely custom made

Comment

Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Really?

You didn't put much effort into that did you?

Comment

You didn't put much effort into that did you?
                No, not much at all.

Comment

Well, you're certainly right about street cred. I turn heads every time I pedal down Weston sea front. Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

I always say that once you've gone recumbent you never go back. Admitedly, I did get into it by accident as I kept getting a chill om my kidneys as a result of my windcheater riding up every time I got down over the bars.

Because of the riding position you will get the full brunt of the wind. For this I recommend a yellow one piece banana suit (I normally wear a pair of undies over the suit to prevent my ticket from showing).

They can also be trickier than a regular cycle if you travel by train. I have posted several times on my woes in loading my recumbent into the guard's van on my morning train journey.

One day an articulated lorry will just flatten you when you are messing about with recumbents.

We live in hope.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

To be honest, I imagined myself more like this:

Comfortable in my own skin...

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      To be honest, I imagined myself more like this:

Comfortable in my own skin...
                      Is that you?

I'm doing cauliflower cheese tonight.

It would be no trouble to pop a couple more florets in the pan

Comment

Working...
                      X