• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rangers appointing an Administrator.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC asks court to put Rangers into administration

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is asking the Court of Session to put Rangers Football Club into administration.

The legal move counters the club's bid on Monday to file for protection against its creditors.

The papers served on behalf of Rangers directors would give the club 10 days to resolve its differences with HMRC

BBC News - HMRC asks court to put Rangers into administration

HMRC is not amused at attempts to shaft them out of money.

Comment

Interesting to see that Whyte is a secured creditor while HMRC is not
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

[QUOTE=AtW;1482387HMRC is not amused at attempts to shaft them out of money.[/QUOTE]

HMRC believe guilty until proven innocent.

In this case I think Rangers had a point. And why aren't HMRC chasing those who were in receipt of the EBTs?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

In this case I think Rangers had a point. And why aren't HMRC chasing those who were in receipt of the EBTs?
          I would imagine they are, but its a companies obligation to may Employers National Insurance contributions which is the crux of what Hector are chaing them for.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I would imagine they are, but its a companies obligation to may Employers National Insurance contributions which is the crux of what Hector are chaing them for.
            Interesting. I wonder whether HMRC will go after Montpelier(BN66) for similar?

Comment

And why aren't HMRC chasing those who were in receipt of the EBTs?
              Don't know, but that's the matter for the individuals - I believe soon decision will be made on that tax issue with Rangers and looks like it won't be in their favour.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder whether HMRC will go after Montpelier(BN66) for similar?
                Surely if Montpelier is offshore they would not have responsibility to deduct employer NIC.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Interesting to see that Whyte is a secured creditor while HMRC is not
                  Yeah, why would a businessman look out for his own interest, it's totally unheard of!!!

Comment

The story is that Rangers gave the players assurances in the form of a letter/contract they would not have to pay the EBT loans back, essentially rendering the EBT's incorrectly used, and effectively illegal.

They have charged Rangers with avoiding the tax/ni on what is then considered salary, eith fines etc on top.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                      The story is that Rangers gave the players assurances in the form of a letter/contract they would not have to pay the EBT loans back, essentially rendering the EBT's incorrectly used, and effectively illegal.

They have charged Rangers with avoiding the tax/ni on what is then considered salary, eith fines etc on top.
                      Its not so much assurances about the loans it's that the payments were contractural rather than discretionary thus negating the use of the trust.

Comment

Working...
                      X