• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A most impressive virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A most impressive virus

The virus that struck me down last week, then left me bed ridden for days with a fever that max doses of brufen and paracetamol could not tame, then quickly progressed into tonsillitis (yesterday's doctor's visit) and then progressed into suspected pneumonia (today's doctors visit) with for fun 12 hours straight of heart arrythmia and palpitations.

Typed from sick bed as I had to send an email to ClientCo. Palpitations stopped, fever broken. Right lung still chokka.

These designer viruses eh?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

It's cos you is fat, unfit and eat crap

HTH

Comment

Might be Lassa fever or Marburg; don't worry, you'll die before it gets any worse.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Might be Lassa fever or Marburg; don't worry, you'll die before it gets any worse.
        There were a few points along the way when I was thinking death was preferable.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            There were a few points along the way when I was thinking death was preferable.

You should have rung me.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I got cellulitis (not cellulite for anyone starts) a few years ago - that totally floored me, I was dreaming I was a crack in rock or a feather in a duvet, well weird. Freaked me out. Had a fever of 39.8c or something. I was spewing bile and had to crawl to the loo.

In the end the Doc refused to come out (a Bob) so I called the ambulance and they treated me there and then and took me to hospital.

They put a fan on my that froze my bollocks off and put me on an antiboitic drip. Next day I was right as rain!

Three Bob docs came to see me and accused me of visiting Africa or the Tropics, finally the non-Bob consultant saw me and just said 'cellulitis'. Sorted.

Never trust Bob Docs. Or contractors.

Comment

:pullyourselftogetherandgetagripyoulightweightsmilie :

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  The virus that struck me down last week, then left me bed ridden for days with a fever that max doses of brufen and paracetamol could not tame, then quickly progressed into tonsillitis (yesterday's doctor's visit) and then progressed into suspected pneumonia (today's doctors visit) with for fun 12 hours straight of heart arrythmia and palpitations.

Typed from sick bed as I had to send an email to ClientCo. Palpitations stopped, fever broken. Right lung still chokka.

These designer viruses eh?
                  SY is CUK's canary - When he's on death's door with double pneumonia, or some new flu strain, it's a sign there are colds going round.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    SY is CUK's canary - When he's on death's door with double pneumonia, or some new flu strain, it's a sign there are colds going round.
                    I heard in a recent interview that even My Little Pony and The Carebears though that Suity was a soft shit:e
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X