• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letters to a Heretic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    History is made !! do you remember where you were when JFK was shot ? when a man stepped onto the moon or the wall came down ?
    too young maybe ?

fear not. you were here when a new milestone was laid down in human history.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you SasGoru. <rounds of applause, standing ovations and nobel prizes>

We dont need measurements to prove CAGW
    we dont even need models to prove CAGW
    We dont need learned professors and scolars

all we need is an insurance salesman

- hey presto. I've seen the light

I'm saved. the planet is saved. long live Gaia

What is it with all you ex-squaddies that you keep digging?
    Tenacity is probably an admirable quality when defending against the enemy, but is mere asinine mulishness in this context.
    You really are a moron. Seriously.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Tenacity is probably an admirable quality when defending against the enemy, but is mere asinine mulishness in this context.
      there are only two certainties in the roots of CAGW. CO2 and human stupidity
      and I am not sure about the CO2
      -EternalEinstein

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Temperature record of Arizona

Can anyone see a natural 60 year cycle here?
        That's why the discipline of statistics was invented, so you don't have to judge things by eye.
        Instead of posting drivel on here, take a course in basic statistics - it will help you to avoid making idiotic posts like this one.
        You really are an ignorant cretin. Seriously.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The problem with BB, EO, SB, DP and the usual suspects is this:
          They suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect.

Poorly educated and not very bright, they don't know why they don't know what they are talking about.
          Courses in basic statistics, how science works and basic logic would help but rather than undergo these disciplines, they prefer to make us endure their ill-informed drivel.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Poorly educated and not very bright, they don't know why they don't know what they are talking about.
            Courses in basic statistics, how science works and basic logic would help but rather than undergo these disciplines, they prefer to make us endure their ill-informed drivel.
            Thanks, I didn't even realise I didn't know why I don't know what I don't know, but now I know, cheers.

Comment

The other side of Dunning Kruger is that those who really are clever and knowledgeable tend to under-rate themselves. Or so I have heard, I don't really know anything about it.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
              -- Bertrand Russell
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                The other side of Dunning Kruger is that those who really are clever and knowledgeable tend to under-rate themselves. Or so I have heard, I don't really know anything about it.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
                -- Bertrand Russell

I have never ever said that SaSGoru was cocksure,

I said he sure was a cock

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You're repeating yourself.

Comment

I see Sasguru is limbering up nicely for the Annual C0ck of the Forum Awards, having so narrowly missed out last year.
                    Got to admire his tenacity.

He has all the natural attributes required to master this discipline. Arrogant, shallow, friendless, boring, uninteresting, monotonous, cloth-eared, fatuous, and thick-skinned with a head to match.

Go sasguru..............whoop whoop!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

....Can anyone see a natural 60 year cycle here?

There seems to be a rash of trying to explain global warming by theories that either ignore, or flatly contradict, the science called “physics.”

Often they involve some mysterious “cycle” (usually a 60-odd year cycle) which is claimed to be “obvious” but doesn’t stand up to analytical scrutiny. This is suggested as a cause of the global warming that’s been observed over the last century or so — or at least, the cause of so much of it that it enables one to minimize the warming due to man-made greenhouse gases.
                      Mathturbation
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X