• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client micro-management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    .......would be then to forward these comments on to <xxxxx> and then let them dook it out between them while you take bets?
    Essentially that is what I have done. I spoke to XXX this morning and she said that Ms MicroManager was involving me in office politics. I have asked Ms MM to explain her concerns in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Have you accidentally dropped MicroManager in it?
      Not at all. When I spoke to XXX I was told it was appropriate for her to be copied in.

Has she been trying to keep tings to himself?
      Not that I am aware of.....! She is just a carp manager and unable to deal with someone that is more qualified and has more experience than her..........!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
        Nope - just those appropriate for the content as anyone would..........!!

anyone? really?

you've never had e-mails from people telling you something that is of no interest / relevance?

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
          you've never had e-mails from people telling you something that is of no interest / relevance?
          Did you not note the sarcasm?! I meant to say "anyone smart".....!! HTH

Comment

Not at all. When I spoke to XXX I was told it was appropriate for her to be copied in.

Not that I am aware of.....! She is just a carp manager and unable to deal with someone that is more qualified and has more experience than her..........!
            I really hate people like that, they always try and muscle in on the people they feel threatened by.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Did you not note the sarcasm?! I meant to say "anyone smart".....!! HTH
              some of the emoticons can be a bit confusing/misleading, for a dinosaur (like me).

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
                some of the emoticons can be a bit confusing/misleading, for a dinosaur (like me).
                You need one of these
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You need one of these
                  A dinosaur with worms?

Comment

Which then means that her job is not unique to her and could be in danger of being chopped and her duties passed to others that are aware of and are quite capable of what she did. This seemed to be the main focus in the one public sector client I had. Project could go to rat tulip for all they cared as long as their jobs were safe.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      A dinosaur with worms?
                      ??

Comment

Working...
                      X