• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life on the bench: in my dressing gown

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    <psssstttt> Cheers RC. It will be OK
    Here's to the good news that your pimp will give you today!

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
      Here's to the good news that your pimp will give you today!
      Hear! Hear!
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Opt out, bank details, official secrets act etc etc... Everything but the contract.

I did some work for BT through Hays 6 years ago so I'm starting to think there may be some sort of 'ghost worker' scam going on but no-one told the secretary to keep me out of it.
        Jeez! Not only are we competeing against outsourcers and on-shorers, we now have to compete against ghosts! Makes sense though, with all those phantom contracts floating around.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Still no news on the gig (Monday morning = "In a meeting"). So I'm back to sitting here, in my dressing gown, going through the ads.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Still no news on the gig (Monday morning = "In a meeting"). So I'm back to sitting here, in my dressing gown, going through the ads.
            I've got an interview tomorrow and they want me to learn about "Op Amps"!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Why?

I learned loads of things when I did Electronics at school, but the one thing that has stuck right near the front of my mind is the word JUGFETs. I have been waiting 30 years for the opportunity to use JUGFETs in a conversation; I suspect that time will never come for me.
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 17 August 2009, 09:27.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You're doing the right thing - going thro the ads as usual. Until it's a signed it's always best to view yourself as 'on the market'.

Comment

Why?

I learned loads of things when I did Electronics at school, but the one thing that has stuck right near the front of my mind is the word JUGFETs. I have been waiting 30 years for the opportunity to use JUGFETs in a conversation; I suspect that time will never come for me.
                  The client builds hardware...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    If you offer to paint Zeity's gate, he might do a crash course for you. (Or turn up for you )

Comment

I think you said you were about 44 which is only a couple of years older than me? I've not worked in the UK for years so how does the fact of being a little bit older play out over here? I've been thinking that by the time I am near 50 will be time to get out? I guess there are older bods here who have not had any problems finding work?
                      Will be intesrting to hear about people's experiences...

Comment

Working...
                      X