• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mosquito Anti Gang device "not fair"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Could have guessed I suppose after your lily-livered stance over hostages.
    Are you aware how Russian authorities deal with hostage situations? Last time in Beslan the president made a choice to start storm using stuff like vacuum bombs (thermobaric RPGs) and tanks - killed terrorists (looks like some escaped) and lots of hostages, but he did not have to negotiate.

My approach to hostage situations is somewhat more civilised.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      My approach to hostage situations is somewhat more civilised.
      Yes, running away. You said.
      "Health grounds" eh? Lack of spinal solidity was it?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, running away. You said. "Health grounds" eh? Lack of spinal solidity was it?
        By "my approach to hostage situations" in that context I meant what would I do if I was in place of Russian authorities whose approach to hostage situations was described above. This means I'd negotiate with terrorists, not blow them up with hostages.

In terms of my draft - my medical condition was "astma", it was in a pretty tough form - I could not run basically, but luckily we found way to beat it, though since it is not deemed cureable it stayed on the record which helped dodge draft.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Sounds much more like good sense to me...
          Don't get me wrong, I am not writing off the option of flight entirely. Indeed it is extremely sensible in some situations. It is just not everyone's default position though.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It is just not everyone's default position though.
            Your default position (when it comes to hostage situation) seems to be bend over and hope for the best, not my stuff for sure

Comment

In terms of my draft - my medical condition was "astma", it was in a pretty tough form - I could not run basically, but luckily we found way to beat it, though since it is not deemed cureable it stayed on the record which helped dodge draft.
              So you are saying that you effectively found a workaround for your asthma, but due to it being deemed incurable by the Russkie authorities, you used that fact to renege on your national duty? I see. Marshall Zhukov and his ilk must be spinning in their graves.

Comment

Pah, lightweight!

Georgian friend of mine managed to escape the draft to Afghanistan in the 80s. He drank a bottle of vodka and then two of his mates held him down while the third one broke his knee with a hammer. Still limps to this day but as he says he'd rather walk with a limp than be dead.

Comment

So you are saying that you effectively found a workaround for your asthma, but due to it being deemed incurable by the Russkie authorities, you used that fact to renege on your national duty? I see. Marshall Zhukov and his ilk must be spinning in their graves.
                  Yes that, and also I was in the University full time - this means I was ineligible for draft. What you wanted me to do, quit Uni and go to army? Maybe I could do this with decent army where soldiers are taught good stuff, and not abused by commanders.

Now you mention Zhukov, naturally you, retard, aren't really up to date on that man - he was using soldiers in a way that caused huge losses among them, he was doing it for personal reasons in order to win, specifically in Berlin he was competing with Konev to get city before him, this cost lives of hundreds of thousands Russian soldiers, do you know what it is like to die few days from victory after years of war? What Zhukov did back then was totally unnecessary - he should have saved his men and attacked more gradually using overwhelming firepower, not storm en masse as he ordered.

You'd do well in USSR shauny, your place is not here but there - I am sure you'd fit in.

Comment

Bleat bleat whine whine snivel snivel.........
                    The bare-faced arrogance of a yellow-bellied draft-dodger to be taking a shot at a hero of the Motherland who made the tough choices he had to in order to free his country of the yoke of Nazi tyranny.

Comment

The bare-faced arrogance of a yellow-bellied draft-dodger to be taking a shot at a hero of the Motherland who made the tough choices he had to in order to free his country of the yoke of Nazi tyranny.
                      My mother's uncle died fighting in that war about a week before it was officially over: he (and hundreds of thousands of those who had to storm Berlin) could have survived if USSR was conducting last stages of war trying to save their lives rather than trying to grab as much of Europe as possible before Allies do it.

My mothers father was imprisoned for many years on the basis of false anonymous report, he was in GULAG and died shortly after he was released - I think it was about 10+ years of prison, probably 15.

So I think my (and millions of others) family paid pretty heavy price for criminal mistakes of USSR.

Now, what right you - little piece of carp - have to question sacrifice that my family paid in that war? I would not dodge draft if it was in the time of Nazi war, even given that I hate Soviet scum equally as much, if not more, however right now there is no Nazi war, yet Soviet scum is still in power, so I am not going to die for it building summer house for yet another corrupt general of the army, perhaps you would, though I think you are more likely to be one of those scumbags in Soviet army that bullies and abuses newly drafted soldiers - you are that type.

Comment

Working...
                      X