• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Badly behaved pimp….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badly behaved pimp….

Just got a call from bosses phone from pimp asking about the chances of placing people – gave him the brush off.

Next call on my mobile from same pimp talking about a job that I am already in when I did not say that there was any job, and if so, what it was.

Scum.

How very dare they.

You might get the impression that rec cons are low-life scum-sucking pimps and ex double glazing saleman and not the professional decent people we all know them as.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Just got a call from bosses phone from pimp asking about the chances of placing people – gave him the brush off.

Next call on my mobile from same pimp talking about a job that I am already in when I did not say that there was any job, and if so, what it was.

Scum.
      Perhaps before phoning you he phoned your boss back on HIS mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        Perhaps before phoning you he phoned your boss back on HIS mobile.
        No, call came 10 seconds after!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol - so 10 seconds means he probably dialed the number and not hit redial. How did he start the conversation? Hi, me again...... etc
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            lol - so 10 seconds means he probably dialed the number and not hit redial. How did he start the conversation? Hi, me again...... etc
            He started off, then said he recogonised my voice from a minute ago, so instantly placed where I was.

That got him!!

Comment

Worst one I had was a cockney rude girl who ended the conversation with "I'll SEE you in 6 months when you don't have a job anymore", I simply refused to divulge information on where I was and who my manager was .... a wise choice in these times.

To be honest I'm sick to death of agents after 10 years in IT I see them getting more deceptive and thicker.

Women seem to be the worst sometimes .. they just get emotional and spout out abuse down venom down the phone although some blokes will play the treachourous snake also .. I once got an agent almost crying in sympathy for me when I was on the bench .. then he wrapped up the converstion with "where are you interviewing ?" - scum the lot of them, I wonder how these people aren't scared of being next to useless in the real world.

Roll on the great depression and weed out the scum.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                ... Women seem to be the worst sometimes .. they just get emotional and spout out abuse down venom down the phone...
                I had one from Huxley Associates a few years back who would not understand why I had applied for a contract a long way from home. I explained how some contractors move or live away for contracts. She wasn't having it. I talked her through my CV showing how I've been all over the place. She couldn't comprehend why I did it and would not believe me. This went on and on until I got sick of it. In the end I said "You're clearly don't believe me and are not going to put me forward so I'll stop wasting your time" and hung up.

She phoned back and my wife answered. She gave my wife an earful for me having hung up on her. My wife explained why I had hung up, that we cheerfully move around the country and use my contracting as a way of seeing different places. The agent got abusive "why do you put up with it?" and "what do you do then?" and "don't you care about what he is doing to your children's education?" and "why don't you have kids?" ... and that was the one that made my wife say "I'm not answerable to you" and hang up on her.

Then the mobile phone goes ... more abuse, this time to me about my wife's rudeness. So I hang up. Then the land-line rings again, abuse left on the answerphone this time. Then the mobile again.

And then the emails started.

In the end I just put a block against her email address on my mail server so anything from her bounces without me knowing.

Jeez.

Absolutely mental.

(I think she works for Hays now ... quick check on Google ... then LinkedIn, yep same one, at Hays Banking now. Mentalist.)
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

That's odd from Hoaxley ususally they just try and get names and places of job interviews that you are going to these days never abusive.

They used to be bad like 10 years ago though they're better now.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

Roll on the great depression and weed out the scum.
                    Possibly the most stupid thing you'll hear a contractor say.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X