• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fleetwood 1965-2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleetwood 1965-2007

Being possibly the only person here having known Fleetwood in the non-virtual world, I have the sad task to inform you, his not so virtual friends, that he passed away on the 6th January 2007 as a result of a car accident in Brussels.

Daniel was a real life character; exteremely intellingent, had a unique sense of humour, and took life as it came at him. He was also extemely picky about his spelling.

I met Daniel at our local watering hole here in Brussels several years ago over a beer and a crossword, and when he told me he had owned and old Fleetwood I made the CUK connection.

He will truly be missed by all his friends, I don't think there is a single person who met him that would ever forget him.

Sometimes life is simply not bloody fair.

I'm sure he and his friends and family would not object if I direct you all to his memorial page:

http://daniel-green.memory-of.com/

RIP Fleetwood, you are genuinely missed.

Originally posted by jenever
    Being possibly the only person here having known Fleetwood in the non-virtual world, I have the sad task to inform you, his not so virtual friends, that he passed away on the 6th January 2007 as a result of a car accident in Brussels.

Daniel was a real life character; exteremely intellingent, had a unique sense of humour, and took life as it came at him. He was also extemely picky about his spelling.

I met Daniel at our local watering hole here in Brussels several years ago over a beer and a crossword, and when he told me he had owned and old Fleetwood I made the CUK connection.

He will truly be missed by all his friends, I don't think there is a single person who met him that would ever forget him.

I'm sure he and his friends and family would not object if I direct you all to his memorial page:

http://daniel-green.memory-of.com/

RIP Fleetwood, you are genuinely missed.
    Extremely
    Intelligent

So true.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

i'm lost for words....so sorry to hear this.

Comment

Terrible news.

Rest in peace Fleetwood.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
          Extremely
          Intelligent

So true.
          Sorry about the spelling, I'm a bit emotional at the moment.

Appropriate though, don't you think?

Comment

So true...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Very sad. Fleetwood, we will miss you.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I never knew this person, like everyone else here I suppose… suddenly a name behind the alias is reviled, a person, makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand. My sympathies
                Last edited by scooterscot; 2 February 2007, 21:19.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Fleetwood last posted on New Years eve and last visited here on the 3rd Jan.

He had been on CUK as long as I can remember and was an original back when I started posting 6 or so years ago.

So sorry to here this. Think I'll leave the usual banter for now

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm truly shocked and saddened

Fleety was one of the good guys from the old days.

Comment

Working...
                    X