• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anarchist Cookbook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anarchist Cookbook

Bit puzzled by this news item:

British student denies holding onto terrorist manual | Daily Mail Online

The briefest Google search shows that The Anarchist Cookbook is widely available on line, including through Amazon. If it is a dangerous book why are major companies allowed to sell it?

PS Won't post a link in case I get arrested for encouraging terrorism.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bit puzzled by this news item:

British student denies holding onto terrorist manual | Daily Mail Online

The briefest Google search shows that The Anarchist Cookbook is widely available on line, including through Amazon. If it is a dangerous book why are major companies allowed to sell it?

PS Won't post a link in case I get arrested for encouraging terrorism.
    Wan't Tesco or Amazon selling the Paedophile's Travel Guide or some such?

Comment

I've got a copy of the Crank's Cookbook somewhere.

That should be outlawed under the Prevention of Terrorism Act too if the powers that be have any concerns over the integrity of our sewerage systems.

Comment

I remember this being passed round on 3.5" floppy disks in school....

Interesting read and no one I ever knew used it for anything sinister. Apart from maybe the chapter on terrorising macdonalds staff.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          I remember this being passed round on 3.5" floppy disks in school....

Interesting read and no one I ever knew used it for anything sinister. Apart from maybe the chapter on terrorising macdonalds staff.
          Or more commonly refered to as 'The save icon' by our younger members.

HTH
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe the version widely available is the government doctored one that does no real damage. Yet allows them to track those who may do harm.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Or more commonly refered to as 'The save icon' by our younger members.

HTH
              Even that is being replaced with ones like this:

RIP floppy.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                If it is a dangerous book why are major companies allowed to sell it?
                It's weird where some people find the inspiration to do the things they do....

Comment

Working...
                X