• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    There's a very simple test.....

Does your "religion" require you to have a blind faith belief in something that cannot be proven to exist?

If the answer is yes, it should be banned.

Football and fizzy cider are clearly ok.
    Brexit would be banned though. £350m and all that.

And I think you'll find that we wouldn't be the first country to ban religion.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Nice brexit insert - I see what you did there.

Resistance is fEUtile.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Nobody wants to ban religion . Want to be amnish ? Be my guest. Want to opress women, blow people up? No sorry it shouldn't be legal as ideology , just as nazism isn't .

I don't see why we would need to apply same repression to Jews as we need to muslism. They don't kill people , whereas Muslim book tells them to kill all infidels ,lie to them etc

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          whereas Muslim book tells them to kill all infidels ,lie to them etc
          Finally, it's all clear now. All over a silly book...

Are there many muslim books on 'muslims gone bad'?

one day at a time

Comment

Nobody wants to ban religion
            I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I do.
              I would love to ban religion but then it may become sexy or a way of rebelling. Much rather it was seen as ridiculous. Just isnt going to happen while you have priests and imams using it as a way of controlling and having authority.

Comment

Yes, ban all religions unless their god can prove 'he' exists, directly not through any human who has 'heard god'.

We need a modern alternative to religion for those in need of moral guidance, that is compatible with a civilised society.

As for May, she can say what she likes, she's not going to achieve much in the remaining few days before Corbyn kicks her out of Number 10.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Nobody wants to ban religion . Want to be amnish ? Be my guest. Want to opress women, blow people up? No sorry it shouldn't be legal as ideology , just as nazism isn't .

I don't see why we would need to apply same repression to Jews as we need to muslism. They don't kill people , whereas Muslim book tells them to kill all infidels ,lie to them etc
                  We need to apply to the same rules to all religions as they're all silly and irrelevant and we need to treat all religions equally with the contempt they all deserve. Sure, Jews and Christians may not kill people over their religion these days (although they certainly did in the past), but religion is a breeding ground for deviancy, highly irrational behaviour, and to some, extremist fanaticism which leads to all sorts of problems for both the followers of the religion and society as a whole.

Always remember the words of Robert Persig...

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

It all needs to be gotten rid of. All of them, from everywhere on the planet. It's the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    "
                    It all needs to be gotten rid of. All of them, from everywhere on the planet. It's the only way.
                    I've never understood why someone would need religion. I've only met a couple of priests (fathers or whatever) and they where educated people. Really don't understand how they cant see how silly it is.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      Finally, it's all clear now. All over a silly book...

Are there many muslim books on 'muslims gone bad'?

Some Muslims went bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X