• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    In the meantime police is warning of next attacks over the long weekend. Be careful guys

Nope, I'm going to do what I always do and not live in fear. Just get on with life, it's the best way of defeating the nutters for us civilians not in a position to do much about it anyway.

Besides there's way more chance of me injuring myself on my motorbike this weekend than someone else doing me harm.

Though if you're going to a place/venue (especially Twickenham/Wembley for the rugby/footy this weekend) then I suppose it would be natural to be on edge a bit and eyeing anything remotely suspicious with more concern than a week ago.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I believe you have to look further back to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the meddling in that.
      That's where the roots of this started, IMO.
      Don't forget the 1953 American coup against Iranian democracy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...moves_Mosaddeq

Comment

These tragedies always boil down to money in the end, mosques, jihadists, radicalisation all just being used as tools to do someones dirty work, remember when Gadaffi was murdered there was a lot of "Influential" people in the US who didn't like his ideas, especially the Bush family. Although I don't go as far as BB in making the UK somewhat responsible this is more complex than people realise.

Declassified Emails Reveal NATO Killed Gaddafi to Stop Libyan Creation of Gold-Backed Currency
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Nope, I'm going to do what I always do and not live in fear. Just get on with life, it's the best way of defeating the nutters for us civilians not in a position to do much about it anyway.

Besides there's way more chance of me injuring myself on my motorbike this weekend than someone else doing me harm.

Though if you're going to a place/venue (especially Twickenham/Wembley for the rugby/footy this weekend) then I suppose it would be natural to be on edge a bit and eyeing anything remotely suspicious with more concern than a week ago.
          Iraqis have been hit by almost daily suicide bombings for over 12 years now but they still manage to chill the Cafes and restaurants around Baghdad and go about their lives as normal. A lesson to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Iraqis have been hit by almost daily suicide bombings for over 12 years now but they still manage to chill the Cafes and restaurants around Baghdad and go about their lives as normal. A lesson to us all.
            What a crock of utter tulip.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Not going to happen.

When the hardliners do this* you know it's going to be a long painful road ahead when a religion has enough hardline support to cause governments to kowtow to their demands for the sake of 'keeping the peace'.

* Staged protests as idolatry is offensive to Islam, until the Greek goddess statue was removed.
              Yup

Intolerance of others beliefs - check

Willingness to incite violence to support their views - check

It is not an acceptable attitude

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Yup

Intolerance of others beliefs - check

Willingness to incite violence to support their views - check

It is not an acceptable attitude
                Are you talking about yourself or ISIS?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  What in accepting it as "part & parcel" of modern life?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Are you talking about yourself or ISIS?
                    I am just stating the facts.

I have a pretty simple rule in life which is that you can do whatever you want to do as long as it does not have a detrimental impact on others.

You could argue that voting for 1 party over another or voting in or out of the EU has a detrimental impact on others - but the you would be missing the point somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      What a crock of utter tulip.
                      What so you prefer us to hide away in fear?

Comment

Working...
                      X