• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    it may be a generalisation but if you really want to kill lots of people you need to get a religion!
    Communism works well also, but if you want something smaller scale, Fascism at a pinch.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...th-palmer-live

Police have named the attacker as Khalid Masood. He was 52, born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Has Londonvermanc clarified yet whether Thomas Mair was a lone wolf?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          In the case of many of them the parents the connection is even stronger than that.

Most of the parents come from British colonies and would have been educated based on the British system.

Some wouldn't even need to become British national as due to coming to the UK before the late 60s or having a grandparent who fought in WWII, they would be British residents automatically.
          You mean that the people born in the British colonies were also British nationals?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            You mean that the people born in the British colonies were also British nationals?
            Until 1948 they'd have been British Subjects and entitled to settle without visa anywhere in the UK

After that what for some reason they all wanted independence it was withdrawn and replaced by various other forms of citizenships that are confusing as hell; British National Overseas, Citizen of UK Colonies, British Overseas Citizen etc. All fairly worthless now unless stateless or mother didn't take up citizenship of the newly independent country which was usually automatic anyway.....

Comment

I think we can be proud that at a time of national tragedy, we have discussed the events calmly and rationally in the finest traditions of CUK.

Except of course for that cocksniffer Londonmanc.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                I think we can be proud that at a time of national tragedy, we have discussed the events calmly and rationally in the finest traditions of CUK.

Except of course for that cocksniffer Londonwanc.
                FTFY.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Except of course for that cocksniffer Londonmanc.
                  Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    it may be a generalisation but if you really want to kill lots of people you need to get a religion!
                    It's the second paragraph that I was referring to.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Until 1948 they'd have been British Subjects and entitled to settle without visa anywhere in the UK

After that what for some reason they all wanted independence it was withdrawn and replaced by various other forms of citizenships that are confusing as hell; British National Overseas, Citizen of UK Colonies, British Overseas Citizen etc. All fairly worthless now unless stateless or mother didn't take up citizenship of the newly independent country which was usually automatic anyway.....
                      Modern transport changed the equation.

Easy to let anyone in when very few could afford or be bothered to come.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X