• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you splash your hard earned contract income?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I am very glad I have seen this thread today - I have actually just now sorted out making regular payments into my pension pot as a result of reading this.

I actually live off the salary and expenses quite happily - mortgage is peanuts, house almost paid off, and warchest will see me through 4 years if it needed to.

I have had a recent raid to the company account up to the dividend allowances for a new car and house extension - so reigning it in somewhat now - maybe I will get a new driveway next year, but other than that I am ticking along nicely.

My problem was not paying into a pension, but got that sorted out today - thanks to this nudge.

Just need to find the right woman to enjoy life with now.....
    Pensions are OK, but they aren't cool. That example above of the FIRE guy had to save and grow his pot to £1m just to get £20k/year income! That is not smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      Hello.
      Own hair and teeth? ok, will settle for teeth? doesn't have to be the full set?
      Sorry, low blood sugar ..
      Own teeth, and own hair

I will raise your blood sugar any day....

Comment

Planning to give Elliegirl the free tour....?

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          Errrr...because I know her really well and she's admitted to never being a saver? there's a lot more I could have said about her but its a bit cheeky to focus on someone else.
          Now, if you have any good advice on investing I'd be glad to hear it.
          Funnily enough I had a rather sober awakening this morning.
          Turns out all that great champagne that I was pissing away in the 90's has become seriously valuable, some bugger has just sold a load of Bollenger for a damn site more than we were buying it in the day...

So a few cases of decent champagne put away each year might bring a tidy little windfall eventually

Agent 007’s Favorite Champagne Hits the Auction Block in New York | Wine, Spirits & Cigars

Comment

Own teeth, and own hair

Good lord.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Good lord.
              You mean you wouldn't be absolutely charmed by such a statement
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                You mean you wouldn't be absolutely charmed by such a statement

Slightly alarmed possibly...
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Slightly alarmed possibly...
                  Still, at least he seems to be consistent across both work and play
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Good lord.
                    He's a feeder. HTHBIDI
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Good lord.
                      don't be so choosy when you get to your fifties your standards drop I'm told. Soon you will think MF sexy!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X