• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New mobile recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I've settled on Sony Experia Z5. Decent phone, bit cheaper than the samsung, better sound quality.

Looked at some of the chinky phones but theyre mostly 5.5" phablet size. Not fussed too big for me.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Think I've settled on Sony Experia Z5. Decent phone, bit cheaper than the samsung, better sound quality.

Looked at some of the chinky phones but theyre mostly 5.5" phablet size. Not fussed too big for me.
      My daughter has a Sony Experia a couple of years ago - check the quality of the sound when making a phone call. Hers was bloody dreadful, really sounded like she had her head in an echoey bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        My daughter has a Sony Experia a couple of years ago - check the quality of the sound when making a phone call. Hers was bloody dreadful, really sounded like she had her head in an echoey bucket.
        I had the z3, the earpiece was terrible as could rarely hear the other person when making calls

also my z3 screen was very brittle, cracked it twice, second time it fell from the sofa armrest onto a carpeted floor (2ft) and it cracked the screen

don't know if newer models have improved build quality

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Well, she was probably busy while talking to you....

Comment

5.5". Not fussed too big for me.
            Euphenism?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Euphenism?
              Normally I can put up with larger than that ;-)

Comment

Well regardless of what you go for, I'd recommend getting a Lifeproof Fre case. I bought one for my iPhone 6 having smashed 2 screens in about 2 months. It's absolutely awesome. Waterproof, shockproof etc. My two year old sometimes pinches my phone and watches YouTube videos or cartoons. If he gets shouted at, he tends to launch the phone.

You can hear the collective sucking in of breath from surrounding parents when he drops it from the shopping trolley seat in the supermarket etc.

I recently upgraded to a 6S after about 18 months use, and when I took it out of the case it looked absolutely immaculate. Not a scratch, dent or mark on it.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Normally I can put up with larger than that ;-)
                  Not surprised with the number of times you've been shafted.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Well regardless of what you go for, I'd recommend getting a Lifeproof Fre case. I bought one for my iPhone 6 having smashed 2 screens in about 2 months. It's absolutely awesome. Waterproof, shockproof etc. My two year old sometimes pinches my phone and watches YouTube videos or cartoons. If he gets shouted at, he tends to launch the phone.

You can hear the collective sucking in of breath from surrounding parents when he drops it from the shopping trolley seat in the supermarket etc.

I recently upgraded to a 6S after about 18 months use, and when I took it out of the case it looked absolutely immaculate. Not a scratch, dent or mark on it.
                    £60 for a case. Better be good!

Comment

Anyone manage to get a business tariff sorted paid via ltd bank account?

Last time the tariffs cost more but I notice EE do a nice sim only one now. £15+vat for unlimited calls/texts and 10Gb data. (£350 for the Sony Experia Z5 up front amazon job done)

Any hassle getting EE to credit check/pay from company?

Comment

Working...
                      X