• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London is less safe than Europe - discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Ill ask the question.

Did the IRA have legitimate reason to bomb England?
    Silly question.

All terrorists think their aims are justified.

In regards to the IRA read up on Irish and also Scottish history it's not hard to find sources of information on the web.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      In regards to the IRA read up on Irish and also Scottish history it's not hard to find sources of information on the web.

I'll ask again

Comment

I'll ask again

Nope.

Comment

Nope.
          Give me your reasoning

Comment

Give me your reasoning
            I don't need to.

You can find out these things for yourself.

Plus it's dragging up tulip memories of getting on well with two people and them getting on well with each other but being from different sides of the divide they knew while they could go out drinking, play football etc with each other in England even though they lived 3 miles from each other In NI they couldn't meet up there.

Comment

I'll ask again

Depends who you're asking. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Comment

I don't need to.

You can find out these things for yourself.

Plus it's dragging up tulip memories of getting on well with two people and them getting on well with each other but being from different sides of the divide they knew while they could go out drinking, play football etc with each other in England even though they lived 3 miles from each other In NI they couldn't meet up there.

I used to lived in the most republican area of the north of Ireland.

I found your comment "In regards to the IRA read up on Irish and also Scottish history it's not hard to find sources of information on the web." humorous to say the least.

The IRA only let the British into the area I lived in after the cease fire. then that was the place the cease fire was broken when they shot 2 police in the head.

Now that is my history, let's get down to the politics...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Prot...testant_People

Catholics were given substantially less voting rights than protestants from the constitution. When they had a rights march in Derry the paras shot 14 people dead, unarmed civilians, they then placed explosives in their personage as to excuse their actions.

One thing I am really proud of seeing Cameron doing is making a full apology for it.

THe IRA got them back at warrentpoint and they made it known that it was revenge.

Comment

My point is that if you treat people like tulip they will come back and hit you.

Thatcher actually resolved the Irish problem by the anglo irish agreement. She never gets credit for that.

Comment

My point is that if you treat people like tulip they will come back and hit you.
                    The people currently trying to blow us up haven't been treated like tulip.

Comment

The people currently trying to blow us up haven't been treated like tulip.
                      Wat was the point of endless troubles and blowing people up when as we are now, we are all largely borderless and EU and one big Country now?

Comment

Working...
                      X