• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK company formation with London city centre registered office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK company formation with London city centre registered office?

[QUOTE=MrNice;1787785]A question for Ltd. company owners - what company formation service provider did you use to register a company with Companies House?

I am looking to form a company in England & Wales jurisdiction, hence I would need a London city centre registered office address. It would be great if a company would be able to offer virtual offices too. w ww.rapidformations.co.uk seem to offer the full package (incorporation + registered office + mailing address + telephone answering) but I could not find any reviews about them. Plus, i found no mention about a possibility to rent out meeting room space. [QUOTE]

This would appear to be them so up to you really BLUE SQUARE OFFICES LTD.. Free business summary taken from official Companies House information. Free Alerts.

Tbh I would have thought you'd be better of signing up with a decent accountant
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
      You sound(write) really angry .. Having a bad day?

awww ..Bless.
      No, I'm always angry, it's what I do. But I do get teed off with people not giving all the facts then complaining that you can't answer the question.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
        You sound(write) really angry .. Having a bad day? awww ..Bless.
        Nope, it's just that some people think it's a good thing to give new forum members a kicking.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Nope, it's just that some people think it's a good thing to give new forum members a kicking.
          He's not been given a kicking.

He's being asked why he needs an English and Welsh company when the use of Scottish companies in England and Wales and other countries in Europe is perfectly legal.

Plus anyone with a bit of sense and the ability to use Google can see that a company is using a company address/ registered office service due to the hundred to a thousand other companies registered there.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            He's not been given a kicking.

He's being asked why he needs an English and Welsh company when the use of Scottish companies in England and Wales and other countries in Europe is perfectly legal.
            Sure it is legal, but I can easily understand how someone would not want to complicate their business by having a company registered in England and trading under English law but with a trading address in Scotland (or anywhere other than England/Wales) because it could leave the open to the bureaucracy and regulatory compliance rules of another country's legal system.

Plus anyone with a bit of sense and the ability to use Google can see that a company is using a company address/ registered office service due to the hundred to a thousand other companies registered there.
            The same is true for 99.9% of all the questions asked here.

Is it just that giving noobies a good kicking is some sort of initiation ritual to sort the wheat from the chaff, so to speak? I thought this was a discussion forum were people could discuss things like this without being -ve repped to the point that they are given a label marking them down as "a confirmed cretin".

Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Sure it is legal, but I can easily understand how someone would not want to complicate their business by having a company registered in England and trading under English law but with a trading address in Scotland (or anywhere other than England/Wales) because it could leave the open to the bureaucracy and regulatory compliance rules of another country's legal system.
              Nothing stopping the poster writing that in their post instead of being defensive.

Someone else who had done similar would have more likely popped up and giving them the detailed information they wanted.

I've seen it a few times that once someone explains exactly why they want to do something they get a proper detailed reply.

Anyway all contracts should state exactly what legal jurisdiction they fall under so it doesn't actually matter if you use a company based in Scotland or another EU country. The problem with non-UK limited companies is that agencies think you doing a tax dodge.

The same is true for 99.9% of all the questions asked here.

Is it just that giving noobies a good kicking is some sort of initiation ritual to sort the wheat from the chaff, so to speak? I thought this was a discussion forum were people could discuss things like this without being -ve repped to the point that they are given a label marking them down as "a confirmed cretin".

No need to get your coat - there is a poster who posts their life story who asks for help with life decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNice View Post
                I am looking to form a company in England & Wales jurisdiction, hence I would need a London city centre registered office address.
                No, you wouldn't.

Comment

I have almost the same question as MrNice...but after I saw the the thread, my question is...Do you know / recommend any "accountants who provide company formation, bank accounts, registered offices and bookkeeping services for peanuts"? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SylvesterDoingBusiness View Post
                    I have almost the same question as MrNice...but after I saw the the thread, my question is...Do you know / recommend any "accountants who provide company formation, bank accounts, registered offices and bookkeeping services for peanuts"? Thank you
                    If you look at the top of the forums there should be a link to accountants, or you may have to search.

In regards to your other points -
                    You can sort your own bank account out once you have sorted the company formation out, and I would advise you to do so.

Some accountants do free company formation if you stay with them for a year.

It's also worth doing your own book-keeping. If you are a contractor 15 minutes a week using a software package or a spreadsheet would be enough. If not get a family member to do your books as it's worth keeping it separate from your account.

There was a dodgy accountant who use to comment on here who went to prison, and I've met other people who have had accountants help themselves to their money. If they have no access to your bank account and you keep your eyes on your own books it makes it harder for someone dodgy to steal from you.

Comment

If you look at the top of the forums there should be a link to accountants, or you may have to search.

In regards to your other points -
                      You can sort your own bank account out once you have sorted the company formation out, and I would advise you to do so.

Some accountants do free company formation if you stay with them for a year.

It's also worth doing your own book-keeping. If you are a contractor 15 minutes a week using a software package or a spreadsheet would be enough. If not get a family member to do your books as it's worth keeping it separate from your account.

There was a dodgy accountant who use to comment on here who went to prison, and I've met other people who have had accountants help themselves to their money. If they have no access to your bank account and you keep your eyes on your own books it makes it harder for someone dodgy to steal from you.
                      No reputable accountant should ever ask you for access to company or personal bank accounts. They will ask for statements as these are needed to produce the accounts and verify invoice payments etc. They will not ask for access to the accounts themselves.

Darren Upton was jailed for conning clients into paying into accounts he claimed belonged to HMRC when in fact they were controlled by him, and for running an illegal currency investment scheme. At no point did he have control over his clients bank accounts.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X