• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst in my book was Computer Futures.

Best are:

Eximius Finance (no longer doing IT)
    Greene IT
    Modis

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why is 60 days unworkable?
      That's at least two months money lost if they go bankrupt

So it depends how risk averse you are ?
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I keep a list of recruitment agents (not necessarily agencies) that I will not do business with due to being messed around by them before.

If the agent submits my CV to the client and then I hear absolutely nothing, there is just no excuse as to why they cannot tell me either A- Not successful or B- Waiting on client.

I applied for a gig that paid between £300 - £500 per day that I can do with my eyes closed (and agency agreed), but when I said I'd want £450, the agency grumbled about a little (I assume it eats into their margin) and then I heard nothing. Not even sure she put my CV forward.

Cheers Reed Global, I won't be doing business with one of your "consultants" again

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          Are they? My last 4 contracts have all paid weekly. Timesheet by Tues/Wed and payment on Friday.
          Positive rep goes to:

Timothy James Consulting
          Fine Green Associates
          Badenoch & Clarke
          Fruition IT
          +1 on Fruition IT

Comment

Anyone ever dealt with an agency called 'SAPSys' ???

Comment

Originally posted by GB2408 View Post
              I keep a list of recruitment agents (not necessarily agencies) that I will not do business with due to being messed around by them before.

If the agent submits my CV to the client and then I hear absolutely nothing, there is just no excuse as to why they cannot tell me either A- Not successful or B- Waiting on client.

I applied for a gig that paid between £300 - £500 per day that I can do with my eyes closed (and agency agreed), but when I said I'd want £450, the agency grumbled about a little (I assume it eats into their margin) and then I heard nothing. Not even sure she put my CV forward.

Cheers Reed Global, I won't be doing business with one of your "consultants" again
              Did you call or email them? I am genuninely useless at giving candidates feedback. In such a time pressured environment, calling up a candidate and saying "you have no feedback" or "you were rejected, I dont know why". If I am sending 15-20 CVs to jobs a week and 10 of those are rejected (often without the manager telling the agent themselves) then it doesnt always get passed along.

Comment

Yeah, give Penta Consulting a massive swerve.

Put me forward for a role with Company X. Interview scheduled. Someone from Company Y does the interview (onward selling no doubt). All goes well. Company Y then decides to change the scope of the role after the interview because they want a Widgets XYZ guru AND a Widgets ABC guru (think of these as competing, you'll have one but not the other). Did Penta know what was going on in all this ? No way....slippery shoulders time for them.....wouldn't go through them again if they can't be bothered fixing the problem with their 'client'. Time wasters.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
                  Yeah, give Penta Consulting a massive swerve.

Put me forward for a role with Company X. Interview scheduled. Someone from Company Y does the interview (onward selling no doubt). All goes well. Company Y then decides to change the scope of the role after the interview because they want a Widgets XYZ guru AND a Widgets ABC guru (think of these as competing, you'll have one but not the other). Did Penta know what was going on in all this ? No way....slippery shoulders time for them.....wouldn't go through them again if they can't be bothered fixing the problem with their 'client'. Time wasters.
                  Sounds like a problem with the client not penta...! But clearly they werent clear enough with you about what was going on.

Comment

Jumar - yesterday they asked for exclusivity to put me forward for a role. TBH, I wasnt that arsed about the role but sent them a mail saying before I agree to your exclusivity clause, here's my requirements including not having a Jumar account manager 'consider' my suitability for the role, this must be solely the client etc.

Sent me a mail back saying oh, erm, we've found someone else more suitable.

Fair enough!
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Jumar - yesterday they asked for exclusivity to put me forward for a role. TBH, I wasnt that arsed about the role but sent them a mail saying before I agree to your exclusivity clause, here's my requirements including not having a Jumar account manager 'consider' my suitability for the role, this must be solely the client etc.

Sent me a mail back saying oh, erm, we've found someone else more suitable.

Fair enough!
                      I would have told you to whistle. The agent decides who goes forwards to the clients, not you.
                      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
                      X