• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are Irish you don't need a passport. Last time I check Eire was in the EU.....
    You need to do more research swellen.

Irish Nationals dont need a passport to travel to the UK due to special arrangements between the UK and the Republic and not because of the EU or Shengen.

Irish Nationals can also vote in our General Elections. EU citizens cannot.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Actually, its utterly incorrect. You do need a passport to enter UK even if you're an EU citizen. As has been said, the UK isnt a signatory to the Schengen Agreement.

Given how UK Immigration officials work 9or rather dont) though, Im not surprised someone managed to get in by flashing a citizen's card!

Oh dear.
      It's true, free movement it's only for Schengen Agreement, but to enter in UK, Portugal citizens it's only necessary the cityzen card
      Last edited by Bee; 19 November 2015, 20:42.

Comment

National identity cards for EEA citizens. Honestly, it's not that hard to look up before having a go at someone.

http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Trave...d-immigration/

Comment

You need to do more research swellen.
          Nah I know there is some act of parliament, think it's called Ireland Act, when Eire became independent that they could have all these special measures.

People are shocked when I tell them Eire isn't in Schengen...

To be honest most of the airlines who fly between the countries won't take you on board unless you have your passport as it's the easiest document for them to verify.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nah I know there is some act of parliament, think it's called Ireland Act, when Eire became independent that they could have all these special measures.

To be honest most of the airlines who fly between the countries won't take you on board unless you have your passport as it's the easiest document for them to verify.
            If the citizen card is valid, airlines can't refuse to take you on board.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Vector Resourcing Limited.

1. Take 25% off the top
              2. Late payments
              3. No direct email communication with their staff, only group email addresses (replies never have a name on them)
              4. Direct phone conversations are recorded (whether you like it or not) and they will claim you/they said things in them which you don't believe was said, but the recordings sometimes "go missing" when you ask to hear them, or when they are supposed to be presented to court.
              5. Misrepresent you to the clientco and misrepresent the clientco to you.
              6. Will claim clientco are not paying them and thus they don't need to pay you
              7. Will accuse you of a variety of things, mostly false or unproven
              8. Final payment will be at least a month later than all other payments, can be more than a year. Clientco will be blamed, you will be blamed, and they'll claim it's within the contract
              9. When asked a simple question, will reply with reams of pages of response unrelated to the question but will make new accusations in said pages
              10. Accuse you of "bribery" when you ask them to cut their %.

...want me to go on?
              Interesting. Always found the agents at vector pretty much ok. (MAlmesbury office in the south west at least).
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

EEA identity card

Actually, its utterly incorrect. You do need a passport to enter UK even if you're an EU citizen. As has been said, the UK isnt a signatory to the Schengen Agreement.
                Actually, it is utterly incorrect. You can enter the UK on a national identity card from any EEA (which includes the EU) country. No passport required.

See https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control...ave-for-the-uk

Comment

The ability to travel within the EEA on a national identity card only is not a Schengen thing. It is an EU/EEA thing. The requirements for getting a national identity card are the same as for getting an identity card, so it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Hope mods don't mind, but thought I would bump this thread. As it's excellent.

Not sure if its still OK the name them as this thread has been going since 2012

I also had a recent bad experience with an agency - would like to add them.

Comment

Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post
                      Hope mods don't mind, but thought I would bump this thread. As it's excellent.

Not sure if its still OK the name them as this thread has been going since 2012

I also had a recent bad experience with an agency - would like to add them.

Please do name them!!!
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X